• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know what happened to this book?

19 posts in this topic

Rumoured to have had the outer cover removed...other work done to it and resubmitted as a CGC 9.4! Apparently sold on ComicLink last year?

Rumoured to have had the outer cover removed...other work done to it and resubmitted as a CGC 9.4! Apparently sold on ComicLink last year?

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Are you doing this to mess with me?

Nope....maybe you should pay attention to the boards more often. screwy.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Are you doing this to mess with me?

Nope....maybe you should pay attention to the boards more often. screwy.gif

I can't! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Full-Time Student + Part-Time Work = Not enough time. frustrated.gif

Yep, I remember that thread too.

Remember kids:

rumor <> reality

but I'm sure there are some forum members here that could confirm this, but won't.

Given the increase in value I'd probably do the same especially since you actually improving the book without really altering it from its original, intended form.

Given the increase in value I'd probably do the same especially since you actually improving the book without really altering it from its original, intended form.

Christo_pull_hair.gifsign-rantpost.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

That just means that the book was misgraded! frustrated.gif

If you remove the outer cover of a book, you take a chance (obviously not in this case) of doing MORE damage to it (staples pulls, spine creases, etc).

If it really is misgraded, all you gotta do is resubmit it or send it to a professional to see if they can do any non-restoration type of conservation.

Fact - Book was sold by me to another dealer as a 9.2 double cover

Fact - Outer cover was removed

Fact - Inner cover may have been "worked on"

Fact - Book was resubmitted and came back on 9.4

Fact - Sold on Comiclink as a 9.4

Rumor - I don't know what happened to the outer cover

Thanks Bob! thumbsup2.gif

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

So sad,..Id rather have a 9.2 double cover than a 9.4 regular book. Why do people in the comic book hobby do such silly things ? Like,..arent there Mile High books that have been 'worked on',..I find such acts tragic !!!!!

The only double cover issue I own is an Action Comics #74. The interior cover is an 8.5, while the outer one is a 6.5. I'm keeping it that way. thumbsup2.gif

Bob, did you sell this to John Fairless or maybe buy it from him? I know he had one in a Heritage Auction around that time. It didn't meet his reserve but I think he sold it offline.