• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackson Mississipi shops?

7 posts in this topic

Any of them worth checking out? I see they're in the burbs, not so much in the city itself, we might be out there as my wife is entertaining a job offer down there and I might have a few hours to kill with the kids while she is being wined and dined.

The Blob,

Comic Commander in Ridgeland is the best shop in terms of personnel. Van's Comics is two miles up, and has the best stock, with a very quirky owner.

PM me for great restaurants and local sights to see and have a great visit!

we are staying with a family friend born and raised in jackson (lives in fondren) when we are there and my wife has been researching good food eating ... is Saltine (Oyster Bar?) as good as it looks? if you have any other suggestions that are not entirely pork based (i love pork, but my wife is allergic) I am open to suggestion! if i have 4 or 5 hours to kill with boys ages almost 10 and almost 4, where should i go?

we are staying with a family friend born and raised in jackson (lives in fondren) when we are there and my wife has been researching good food eating ... is Saltine (Oyster Bar?) as good as it looks? if you have any other suggestions that are not entirely pork based (i love pork, but my wife is allergic) I am open to suggestion! if i have 4 or 5 hours to kill with boys ages almost 10 and almost 4, where should i go?

Good God...allergic to pork. And you still married her? You're a saint, my friend. An absolute saint. I couldn't handle it.

I went to van's. Yes, the owner is quirky, but he tolerated my kids being pains, probably because I was clearly going to spend some money. Bought a big stack for myself and $45 in toys and cards for the kids. The oldest wanted me to buy a $28, after % discount Deadpool tpb, but I thought that was insane. How does a tpb have that kind of price? I picked up an oddball assortment... about $150 worth, little odd he was not willing to negotiate at all and even pulled one of my dollar box finds out because he thought it should be a $3 book or something. I'd go back if I have a few hours to kill in jackson, decent inventory, some good prices, some high ones, a mix.