• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1

68 posts in this topic

I was wondering whether or not the comic that will take place after the events of Return of the Jedi and acting as a prequel to The Force Awakens is one to look out for? Whether it be in incredibly mint/perfect condition? Or would you simply not bother with it?

167226_744078_46.jpg

The Baltimore Diamond Retailer Summit variant is apparently going to be the rarest type, due to it been given away to retailer attendees before the Baltimore Comic Con.

I was wondering whether or not the comic that will take place after the events of Return of the Jedi and acting as a prequel to The Force Awakens is one to look out for? Whether it be in incredibly mint/perfect condition? Or would you simply not bother with it?

The Baltimore Diamond Retailer Summit variant is apparently going to be the rarest type, due to it been given away to retailer attendees before the Baltimore Comic Con.

Wow, nice heads up, I see the bleeding cool article now. Looks like they were going for $20 each earlier today. Now $45 a pop. :(

I am not a big fan of the cover. I like the Checchetto variant!

$_12.JPG

I like the idea of it being post-RotJ and a sort of lead-in to The Force Awakens. But I've never felt minis held their own as well as regular series issues. I have no data to back that up. Plus, they're printing 2.8 billion copies.

Of course, that won't stop me from buying several copies. :banana:

Well it is a must purchase for me but not really for speculation. It is going to be massively printed with lots of variant covers. I bet one or two variants will be preferred and worth more but which ones? I'm buying 2 of the variant I mentioned earlier and will have them slabbed. Also one regular cover to read. That Baltimore con variant may be the most rare but man is it a bad cover. Hard to imagine losing money on the deal if I ever want to sell.

How many Darth Vader #3's are you up to now, Reno? :)

:facepalm:

No comment.

But I will admit that I just bought 10 copies of Star Wars comics, but they weren't issue 3. Not sure if that's progress or just an addiction sidestep.

How many variants are there for this one? :ohnoez:

More than there should be. You figured Marvel is going to have a ton of variants for the movie adaptation. I think they are hitting the collector threshold of what can be supported. I know of quite a few collectors who are getting burnt out on variants, and Star Wars variants in particular.

I think there are going to be some disappointed retailers when their store exclusive isn't snatched up like they were when the Star Wars #1 came out.

I can honestly say that I am beyond burnt out when it comes to Star Wars variants. I was at one time making an attempt to have most variants. Now if I have the main cover and about two or three variants, I consider it more than enough.

The thing is that there are lots of other Star Wars items to buy and lots of other non-Star Wars comic titles to read.

I can honestly say that I am beyond burnt out when it comes to Star Wars variants. I was at one time making an attempt to have most variants. Now if I have the main cover and about two or three variants, I consider it more than enough.

The thing is that there are lots of other Star Wars items to buy and lots of other non-Star Wars comic titles to read.

You are not the only Star Wars comic reader/fan I have heard this from. It seems those who were most invested in the beginning are the ones who dread every new Marvel Star Wars title (i.e. avalanche of variants) now.

I know prices on most of the variants have dropped, but that was to be expected. Some of the b&w covers have held up, but many of the retailer exclusives can be had for much less than they sold for back in February/March. They are not $5 books, yet, but many are now $10 books.

The weirdest phenomenon has to be the 1:25, 1:50, etc. There was a time when a 1:25 was a $25 book and a 1:50 was a $50. Now, a 1:25 can be had for $10 and a 1:50 for around $20. I don't think this is just a Star Wars comic change, I'm seeing it for many, many comic titles. These limited books don't provide the same punch they did a few years ago.