• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1

68 posts in this topic

I pulled the regular cover for reading / digital download & a sketch variant for the spec box.

Read it tonight & enjoyed it. Lots of new stuff to learn, I spent the last 20min on the Wookipedia. The second half of the book interested me more (vs. Green 4 move to 1 7 1 blah blah blah).

My lcs had the Checcetto variant for $12 & I would have bought it instead of the sketch but it had a gnarly corner ding.

Well it is a must purchase for me but not really for speculation. It is going to be massively printed with lots of variant covers. I bet one or two variants will be preferred and worth more but which ones? I'm buying 2 of the variant I mentioned earlier and will have them slabbed. Also one regular cover to read. That Baltimore con variant may be the most rare but man is it a bad cover. Hard to imagine losing money on the deal if I ever want to sell.

I have seen two different Baltimore con covers on eBay presales (one color and one a sketch). Are there going to be two different covers or just one and they have not announced it yet?

Well it is a must purchase for me but not really for speculation. It is going to be massively printed with lots of variant covers. I bet one or two variants will be preferred and worth more but which ones? I'm buying 2 of the variant I mentioned earlier and will have them slabbed. Also one regular cover to read. That Baltimore con variant may be the most rare but man is it a bad cover. Hard to imagine losing money on the deal if I ever want to sell.

I have seen two different Baltimore con covers on eBay presales (one color and one a sketch). Are there going to be two different covers or just one and they have not announced it yet?

It is looking like the earlier cover that had Leia and Luke back-to-back is being replaced with a variant of the standard cover by Phil Noto.

Old cover:

$_57.JPG

New cover:

$_12.JPG

Maybe Lucasfilm objected to the first cover due to the way Luke and Leia are looking at each other? (shrug) Or maybe both are going to be available.

How many Darth Vader #3's are you up to now, Reno? :)

:facepalm:

No comment.

But I will admit that I just bought 10 copies of Star Wars comics, but they weren't issue 3. Not sure if that's progress or just an addiction sidestep.

Are the DV3's still a hot commodity?

No comment.

But I will admit that I just bought 10 copies of Star Wars comics, but they weren't issue 3. Not sure if that's progress or just an addiction sidestep.

With me having a stack of them? Not likely. Word got out that I was interested and the price spiked. Word got out that I had my fill, and the price tanked. :facepalm:

Seriously though, it looks steady enough. $10 seems like a pretty common price these days.

No comment.

With me having a stack of them? Not likely. Word got out that I was interested and the price spiked. Word got out that I had my fill, and the price tanked. :facepalm:

Seriously though, it looks steady enough. $10 seems like a pretty common price these days.

I think you need a bigger stack! ?

No comment.

I think you need a bigger stack! ?

hm

I would, but I don't even know what I have in this ever expanding Star Wars box. I moved recently and I'm living in a temporary house with boxes everywhere. I keep buying, but not cataloging. I'm worried I have 5 issue ones, 1 issue 2, and 20 issue 3s. In a perfect world, I'd have five of each issue so far, plus the extras for issue 3. But we'll see. :ohnoez:

I picked up a regular copy of issue #1 out of post Return Of The Jedi story curiosity and after avoiding all the new Marvel StarWars titles. I see Marvel still prints StarWars on flimsy crappy paper. For 3.99, it's still hard for them to upgrade the covers to something thicker?

Woah I see; but there's some more variants

But has anyone read Shattered Empire #1 as yet?

I read it and found it muddled and too slow-paced. I know Rucka is setting up the story, but for me it was mostly uninteresting and difficult to get through. Surprising since most of the other Marvel Star Wars books to date have been pretty solid. This one did not seem as good as the other series.