• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get at Wizard World Chicago?

86 posts in this topic

This 1st print beauty was THE FIND for me

Zap3%20WWchi_zpsajjijkes.jpg

What is this book? Is it an Israeli variant from the 1970s? I'm really curious.

No, it would be the third issue of Zap Comix, the most well known underground comix title published.

Ah. Now that you mention it I can see Zap in the title. It looked more like "Soup"

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC

Be sure to bring Jeff with you. Had a blast talking to him at the sushi dinner

Angelo,

Thanks for setting up the two dinners. Sorry, we missed you on Saturday.

Jeff had a great time, even more than SDCC. Jeff was also on the SWAT team and can tell you those war stories.

Wizard Chicago does not have the hype of SDCC, but it does not have the exclusives madness nor rude crowds. I attend comic book conventions for comic books. I can fly my buddy and I into Chicago for the same price of flying Jeff into San Diego. The Chicago hotels are half the price of San Diego.

For me, everything about Wizard Chicago was positive. Unfortunately, I can't say the same after 25 years of SDCC attendance.

I've been to 9 Chicago shows in a row now and every one is a positive experience.

Some years there is a Beatles convention in the Hyatt.

Every year there are boardies from all over the continent and dealers from all sides of the US.

Onsite grading.

Big room full of all kinds of comics.

And yes, at a fraction of the cost that SD or NYC cost. Now granted, Rosemont is not SD or NYC but it is very cozy and Chicago is a short car ride or a train ride away. We went into Chicago several times.

Just a terrific show, year after year.

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC

Be sure to bring Jeff with you. Had a blast talking to him at the sushi dinner

Angelo,

Thanks for setting up the two dinners. Sorry, we missed you on Saturday.

Jeff had a great time, even more than SDCC. Jeff was also on the SWAT team and can tell you those war stories.

Wizard Chicago does not have the hype of SDCC, but it does not have the exclusives madness nor rude crowds. I attend comic book conventions for comic books. I can fly my buddy and I into Chicago for the same price of flying Jeff into San Diego. The Chicago hotels are half the price of San Diego.

For me, everything about Wizard Chicago was positive. Unfortunately, I can't say the same after 25 years of SDCC attendance.

I've been to 9 Chicago shows in a row now and every one is a positive experience.

Some years there is a Beatles convention in the Hyatt.

Every year there are boardies from all over the continent and dealers from all sides of the US.

Onsite grading.

Big room full of all kinds of comics.

And yes, at a fraction of the cost that SD or NYC cost. Now granted, Rosemont is not SD or NYC but it is very cozy and Chicago is a short car ride or a train ride away. We went into Chicago several times.

Just a terrific show, year after year.

I agree the only real negative is the lack of comic art dealers

Were they scratched at all?

Jim and I were seeing how far slabs fly when you use the putter to crack them out.

We got some good arc but lousy roll over. Not sure they were balanced properly.

Maybe it is just me, but if you were going for distance why use the putter?

Were they scratched at all?

Jim and I were seeing how far slabs fly when you use the putter to crack them out.

We got some good arc but lousy roll over. Not sure they were balanced properly.

Maybe it is just me, but if you were going for distance why use the putter?

everyone loves a challenge. I put with my sandwedge every once in a while.