• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 180

13 posts in this topic

Looks like a manufacture crease with the pictures provided. Can you please upload a scan of the back and one from a slight angle with some harsh light on it?

With whats provided I would say it looks to be in the 8.0 range

EDIT:

On second viewing are you sure its not trimmed? The top edge and the side look a little suspect.

Thank you for the input ... have looked at a number of 180's up for sale online; my original concern was that it was trimmed based on the size of "Comics Code" logo in the top right corner; and yet there are numerous examples of graded books selling online in which the full logo can be seen, and some in which the word 'Approved' can barely be read ... so my conclusion from that is that books are cut differently in the production process, OR some of those graded books missed the trimming ... should the entire "Comics Code" logo be seen on all books from this era? I also followed Trace Heft's detection advice on trimming and held the book up to examine whether the pages came to a point rather than being straight across ... they are not straight across but do come to a point ... but surely someone can simply trim the cover(s) and not the pages, right? When you hold the front (and subsequently the back) cover directly in front of you, should one never see the interior pages?

Not less than a 7.0 due to the defects noted. It's a printer's crease and has no impact on the grade. The fingerprinting on the LEBC is the most concern - it may clean and press (if you're into that). Healthy spine crease also. Still, a nice copy. (no trimming, especially if OO). ;)