• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

So I was completely shut out on the great copies on HA last night. Since Heritage have started selling video games and other items in their weekly auctions they run far too late for me to stay up and bid. I dont know any game collectors so I dont know how big a market that is for them but I wish they would move that stuff to the end of the auction.

41 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

So I was completely shut out on the great copies on HA last night. Since Heritage have started selling video games and other items in their weekly auctions they run far too late for me to stay up and bid. I dont know any game collectors so I dont know how big a market that is for them but I wish they would move that stuff to the end of the auction.

You're not alone in.the shut out. I put in a few proxy bids. Totally underestimated the closing prices.

3 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

One year when I was visiting Leonard Brown at Collectors Bookstore, I told him I had decided to get a run of LTMM #1-10.  He laughed and said he had multiples of every issue but not one in high grade.  We went in the vault and checked them all, but there was nothing above Fine so I passed.  He said he couldn't remember ever having seen a high grade copy of any of the first ten issues or he would have pulled it for his collection.  Ricky's book is the nicest one I have ever seen--a true rarity.

Treat to see you posting in this Thread Rich! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, sagii said:

You're not alone in.the shut out. I put in a few proxy bids. Totally underestimated the closing prices.

The Bunny Force was strong with this one. I had strong bids on all the Leon covers and it was a shutout for me.

32 minutes ago, mlansdown said:

I won the #30 (one of my favorite covers) and the #121.  Nothing like Mr. Bedrock's books but still nice to me!

30 is great. I lucked into the ones I got via a trade. You battled for yours!

52 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

Seeing these amazing high grade copies inspired me to post my other favorite Bugs covers! The Halloween one is just so great 

996646CB-4869-4BCF-BFDA-19A024B33821.jpeg

E9B8E1DE-5494-4A63-BFE5-FDD63D7B5DC9.jpeg

Cool one's. The Halloween one is classic. The #30 has grown on me. Such a nice early image. I undershot in my bid for the Crippen copy last weekend