• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Link Crybabies

23 posts in this topic

This isn't rocket science folks. Third party seller adds books/prices. Buyer purchases book. Web site requests books. Third party seller sends book. Web site sends book to buyer. I agree with Bob that these prices can't be monitored. But, if a purchase is made, I agree it should be honored. The problem with ComicLink is that the communication is ambiguous, which frustrates buyers.

I do wonder, however if Josh buys books off of his own site when he sees that they are listed at low sale prices?

I would. I always thought that was half the value of his business (along with consignments and people selling to him outright). And I'm implement at least a 2 minute delay into the uploading process so I could get first crack.

I'm sure he has numerous want lists to fill, so he can flip something he buys off his site quickly.

Listing a book for sale on Comiclink is the same as listing on ebay. It binds the seller and buyer into an enforceable contract. If the seller backs out, the buyer can sue for violating that contract. The damages are limited to the amount of the item or items in question. It has nothing to do with the site itself.

That is not entirely correct, it is not binding contract - especially in the cases of an error in listing unless it was a deliberate act and/or omission that constitutes gross negligence or willful misconduct. It will also apply to selling the book through another means but it is still listed on comiclink.com . It is the same thing as with any company that advertises and has an error in that advertisement - they do not have to sell it at that price. When you order something from Comiclink, it is an offer to buy and it must be accepted by Comiclink. Regardless of what the price may be, if Comiclink does not accept the order then there is no transction.