• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Verified on Paypal?

26 posts in this topic

hi.gif I've been verified for over two years now with no problem. What I suggest is NOT to link to your primary bank account. Create another for specific Paypal use. Keep a minimum balance in the account at all times in case Paypal decides to arbitrarily pull money out...

Jim

I've been verified for a few years with no problems. I haven't linked a bank account to my paypal account though, and I don't plan on it.

I've been verified for a few years with no problems. I haven't linked a bank account to my paypal account though, and I don't plan on it.

I thought you needed a bank account in order to be verified?

You do need a bank account to be verified. I did it a few years ago. I too only keep enough money in that account to cover payments I make via PayPal. I DO NOT link it to my main account. That way, if someone hijacks my paypal account, there's not much int the account at any given time.

I thought you needed a bank account in order to be verified?

You do need a bank account to be verified.

No you don't. I have a business verified account, with a confirmed address, and I have NO bank account linked to it. When I signed up, I put in a credit card, and confirmed it with a numerical code that came on my CC statement. That's all I've done. I also have a Paypal debit card, btw.

I just checked the Paypal Q&A and it says that a bank account is required, as you guys said. I signed up about 4 years ago, so it's possible that the requirements for a verified account have changed since then. confused-smiley-013.gif

You don't need a bank account in order to be verified. Just as Cap. told verification is done with a credit card. I believe there's a $1000 limit if you don't do that.

I'm verified without a bank account and registered less than a year ago. I couldn't get a confirmed address though, since I live outside US,Canada or UK.. Getting a confirmed address might reguire a bank account??

Getting a confirmed address might reguire a bank account??

It wasn't a requirement for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

In order to be verified you have to have a bank account and credit card. In order to have a confirmed address your credit card has to match your home address.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

You guys are telling me this as if I'm delusional and my account dosen't exist. I have a verified paypal account, with a confirmed address, and NO bank account attached. It's obviously not impossible, because it exists. So, there are either different rules for Canada, or I set up my account at a time when the requirements were different overall. makepoint.gif

I just checked my account and I'm verified even though I haven't verified my bank account. I registered in December of 2000!

Thank you. 893applaud-thumb.gif I was about to have a stroke.

In order to be verified you have to have a bank account and credit card. In order to have a confirmed address your credit card has to match your home address.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

You guys are telling me this as if I'm delusional and my account dosen't exist. I have a verified paypal account, with a confirmed address, and NO bank account attached. It's obviously not impossible, because it exists. So, there are either different rules for Canada, or I set up my account at a time when the requirements were different overall. makepoint.gif

No, I wasn't refering to you, I was trying to answer Arty question "Getting a confirmed address might reguire a bank account??"...I remember you didn't need a bank account in the earlier days of Paypal...

I'm Canadian too. Registered with PayPal on Feb. 1, 2002. My account is verified and my bank account is not tied to my PP account. However, both of my credit card billing addresses match my mailing address, but my address is still "unconfirmed". Christo_pull_hair.gif

I just checked my account and I'm verified even though I haven't verified my bank account. I registered in December of 2000!
k

Thank you. 893applaud-thumb.gif I was about to have a stroke.

I think the limitation of $$ on transactions is in effect until you are bank account verified. I think that was the confusion.