• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should there be a happy birthday sub forum ?

104 posts in this topic

Can we have an 'I hate Ebay' sub-forum thread?

And 'The PC Police are Killing Comics' sub-forum thread?

What about a 'Your stupid memes are mess' sub-forum thread?

qa9nk.jpg

Wrong sub-forum

Sorry, I couldn't find the Oprah meme sub sub forum

I believe it's between

Maury Povich comic restoration & paternity test results sub-forum and Jerry Springers I slept with your mama, sister and shipped books without reading Boozards thread

While the number of individual birthday threads can be overwhelming on any given day, there are more annoying things occupying space in Comics General.

To me, the bigger annoyances are:

- eBay person_without_enough_empathying and moaning threads that only effect the individual. Make some friends. person_without_enough_empathy and moan to them in PM. :makepoint:

- AF Scam threads. We get it. They exist. :news: You're not getting a F AF15 for $2,000. :news:

- "why don't people package books like I do? :frustrated: " complaint threads.

- Charity/fundraiser threads - yeah, they are starting to become more rampant for random things that don't really involve this place and shouldn't be here. (shrug)

- Random "life event statements, ponderings and general thoughts".... :gossip: no one cares. Stop creating new threads.

- A noob creating a new thread where there is an existing thread on Page 2 of Comics General with 120 pages of posts answering his mind-blowing, I can't believe no one has thought of this before question.

I think those types of threads deserve a subforum first. :cloud9:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8835670&gonew=1#UNREAD :D

qa9nk.jpg

Wrong sub-forum

Pretty soon we can have so many sub forums we won't be able interact with one another.

I think you people are just bored,or maybe have no soul.

The birthday threads were genuinely there to bring board members together in a sea of eBay scams,printer issues,and pressing threads. Did you think they were just for birthdays? It's to bring a community of people whom never met before a little closer,making them feel like they are a part of something. This unjustified hatred of bday threads is really sad,it's why I stopped doing it. I applaud Askaban for picking up the mantel, because he didn't want to see the sense of community go away.

qa9nk.jpg

Wrong sub-forum

Pretty soon we can have so many sub forums we won't be able interact with one another.

The birthday threads were genuinely there to bring board members together in a sea of eBay scams,printer issues,and pressing threads. Did you think they were just for birthdays? It's to bring a community of people whom never met before a little closer,making them feel like they are a part of something. This unjustified hatred of bday threads is really sad,it's why I stopped doing it. I applaud Askaban for picking up the mantel, because he didn't want to see the sense of community go away.

I actually have my own sub forum in the testing thread. I have a test thread in the testing forum but then I decided to have my own little sub forum test thread to myself. Even I cannot stand myself.

I always wondered how the happy birthday threads end up in comics general instead of the watercooler.

I'm secretly a mod, so they let me get away with it! lol

The question isn't can you post them here? but should they be posted here?

I always wondered how the happy birthday threads end up in comics general instead of the watercooler.

So Harvey Swick uses an account that he calls "Oakman" so he can then log in as a mod?

Brilliant.

So Harvey Swick uses an account that he calls "Oakman" so he can then log in as a mod?

Brilliant.

Man buzz you should be a detective.

qa9nk.jpg

Wrong sub-forum

Yes, you have it correct. I have no soul

qa9nk.jpg

Wrong sub-forum

Yes, you have it correct. I have no soul

Even though you are damned. I still love you!