• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?

Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?   

633 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?

270 posts in this topic

It’s not really a big deal one way or the other as I can appreciate all of the time oakman expended on the HBD threads when he was doing it and he is an awesome boardie but I think the HBD threads have run their course and have become mundane.

All birthday wishes should be compiled into the one thread that was created for them.

Yes, I'm tired of all these HB threads.

Me too. It's so hard to avoid them. You never can tell if a thread is a happy birthday thread from the title so you have to open them. Then you're forced to reply to each one. Lets get rid of these burdensome Happy Birthday threads! :sumo:

I took the poll question as "Should there be another way of celebrating board members' birthdays other than a thread per member". While a sub-forum is a possible solution, I think there are many others that are just as good or better.

I took the poll question as "Should there be another way of celebrating board members' birthdays other than a thread per member". While a sub-forum is a possible solution, I think there are many others that are just as good or better.

That's the way I took it as well. No one is advocating the removal of birthday threads

That's the way I took it as well. No one is advocating the removal of birthday threads

Yeah, I prefer either a separate forum or use of the single thread idea as well. There's really no reason for the birthday-shaming of the vocal few, I think the souls of the majority are safe if we prefer an alternative to the ubiquitous Birthday threads. lol

Yeah, I prefer either a separate forum or use of the single thread idea as well. There's really no reason for the birthday-shaming of the vocal few, I think the souls of the majority are safe if we prefer an alternative to the ubiquitous Birthday threads. lol

'birthday-shaming'

3560100-5532899787-ebc99.gif

Thank goodness you saved Comics General from that.