• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?

Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?   

633 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a happy birthday sub forum?

270 posts in this topic

Voted 'No'

but your eyes say yes...

No they really don't. And I am kind of disappointed that Oak felt compelled to stop doing his thing. I want to make it clear that I am not disappointed in Oakman or criticizing him. I AM however disappointed in those that made him feel as if his efforts were annoying or unappreciated.

They were birthday posts. I am sorry that they feel that the birthday threads clutter up the clutter and catch all be all of Comics General.

Voted 'No'

but your eyes say yes...

No they really don't. And I am kind of disappointed that Oak felt compelled to stop doing his thing. I want to make it clear that I am not disappointed in Oakman or criticizing him. I AM however disappointed in those that made him feel as if his efforts were annoying or unappreciated.

They were birthday posts. I am sorry that they feel that the birthday threads clutter up the clutter and catch all be all of Comics General.

Thank you! I'm glad that some people understood the effort.

Voted 'No'

but your eyes say yes...

I understand that G.A.tor meant no harm, but honestly it’s an "hollow" issue… Everything's fine as is – if one really is "annoyed" by the number of birthday threads (not that they are so many, anyway) all it takes is simply to skip those of whose you do not know… :shrug:

Voted 'No'

but your eyes say yes...

I understand that G.A.tor meant no harm, but honestly it’s an "hollow" issue… Everything's fine as is – if one really is "annoyed" by the number of birthday threads (not that they are so many, anyway) all it takes is simply to skip those of whose you do not know… :shrug:

Unfortunately, it is not that simple for some. Which is why this topic came up again. First the TV-Movie-Game discussions (that ended up working great - glad I said YES to that one). Now the target is birthday threads again. Tomorrow, who knows.

Voted 'No'

but your eyes say yes...

Unfortunately, it is not that simple for some. Which is why this topic came up again. First the TV-Movie-Game discussions (that ended up working great - glad I said YES to that one). Now the target is birthday threads again. Tomorrow, who knows.

Tomorrow they may decide to invade the coin forum.

Coiners take note.

When they came to sub-divide the movie threads from Comics General, I did not say anything because I did not post often in those threads. When they came to sub-divide the birthday threads from Comics General, I did not say anything because unlike Stu, my birthday only comes once a year. When they came to sub-divide me, there was no one left.

Nobody has stated that they want to see birthday wishes disappear, they simply would like to see them organized into one thread (or forum) which would leave CG a bit more uncluttered since over 25% of CG is already taken up by sticky threads and on some days another 10% or 15% are birthday threads.

The only people I see “whining” are grown men worried if they will be recognized on their birthday. God forbid that you are 40 years old and nobody made a special thread on a comic book forum to tell you happy birthday. :ohnoez:

Nobody has stated that they want to see birthday wishes disappear, they simply would like to see them organized into one thread (or forum) which would leave CG a bit more uncluttered since over 25% of CG is already taken up by sticky threads and on some days another 10% or 15% are birthday threads.

The only people I see “whining” are grown men worried if they will be recognized on their birthday. God forbid that you are 40 years old and nobody made a special thread on a comic book forum to tell you happy birthday. :ohnoez:

Right. No one is whining about the forum being too cluttered. :eyeroll:

Did you see anyone personally say they want to have their birthday recognized, or was it the other way around where they wanted to recognize others?

You may have confused the two situations.

:foryou: