• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hide your comics.....

7 posts in this topic

This article was in the local section of the Charlotte Observer today. I'll just type in some of the article...

"A thief broke into Time Tunnel Comics and Toys in Hickory, NC early Thursday and stole $17,000 worth of comic books including pricey Spiderman collectibles. Among the stolen merchandise was a 1963 book featuring Spider-Man in the first comic of his own. Value: $4,000, shop proprietors say. The owner has collected comics for over 20 years and opened the store four years ago. The thief nabbed many of the owner's most valuable comic books, taking 1,650 in all. Security video cameras photographed the thief taking the goods in the space of 2 1/2 minutes. No money or equipment was taken. The owner thinks someone cased the shop to determine the most valuable items. Time Tunnel is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thief."

Wow. It's kinda a scary thought to think that someone could walk into a store (or a house) and wipe out 20 years of collecting in 2 1/2 minutes!!! The article went on about all the different ways a thief could unload the stolen books, mentioning online auctions and MegaCon, in particular. I don't know the owners of that store, but my heart goes out to them.

Yeah, I used to keep everything at my residence. I don't do that anymore.

Same here. I've already stored my top 21 CGC graded books in a safety deposit box. I'm thinking of getting a larger one to store another 45 to 50. I've already created scans of all my CGC graded books to help me get over my separation anxiety. crazy.gif

I've already created scans of all my CGC graded books to help me get over my separation anxiety.

That's one of the reason's I created the "Jeff's Nedors on Parade", "Jeff's Golden Age Actions on Parade", and "Jeff's Golden Age Supermans on Parade" threads. It's an easy way to visit my comics whenever I want to.

Oh, and you guys get to see them too.