• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my X-Men #44 - The Red Raven Returns!

37 posts in this topic

now if you threw some dirt on the back cover, and took a chip out of it, it'd look like the curveball 9.4 X men #45 that Nikos put upp in the 1st round of the grading contest.......9.4 my 893censored-thumb.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I wouldn't go any lower than an 8.0 on this one. The flaws you see are really very minor. Scans are deceptive, in that they don't convey the positive qualities of a book, and exagerate the minor flaws.

I always find that scans do the opposite at this size. To me, scans always hide creases and some surface wear.

I wouldn't go any lower than an 8.0 on this one. The flaws you see are really very minor. Scans are deceptive, in that they don't convey the positive qualities of a book, and exagerate the minor flaws.

I always find that scans do the opposite at this size. To me, scans always hide creases and some surface wear.

screwy.gif

Is it me or are there more nice copies of this issue out there compared to the surrounding X-Men issues?

Jim

I think it's you wink.gif, unless you were talking about raw copies....

There are 18 copies of #44 9.4 and above. There are a whopping 70 copies of #45 9.4 and above. Nothing comes close to that #45 in the first 50 X-Men.

Here's another #44 - think it's a cool cover.

44b.jpg

BTW I go with 7.5 on the raw book that started this thread.

i'm thinking 7.5 and maybe an 8.0. what i learned from the March Madness and Team contests was that folks generally grade harsher with big scans. (at least i know i do...........).

besides i still have a way to go for the way i dissed david's TOS 40 some months back.......... grin.gif

Well I thought Nikos' 45 in the grading contest was an 8.5 (turned out to be a 9.4). The corners on your book are way better than his, but there are spine creases and the beginning of a fair sized chip on the top left edge. Still, I'm gonna say 7.5 based on the fact that I tend to be a tad too harsh on SA books compared to CGC.

screwy.gif

fing07.gif