• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anybody seen these?

7 posts in this topic

They are called "dexterity puzzles" they go back to the teens era. Yeah, I've got some of them including a couple great Felix the Cat ones from the late '20's.

Your's look a little suspicious though. I've never seen them but that's not why. The large 1954 date printed on them looks odd. Most of this stuff was rarely dated and if it was, it would be small and on the rim. I think they might be "fantasy" items (made to look original). I was just looking at my Hakes Toy and Premium guide in the Superman section this weekend. They aren't shown there either.

Don't know where you got them but I suspect the seller might have another set next time you see him...

Bob is right, and if you look on Google under Dexterity Puzzles, there is no telling what you might find from all over the world. I have two Little Orphan Annie and one Little Joe puzzle, and have seen most of the leading comic characters in them over the years. But you do have to be careful, it is pretty clear that some of them are being produced recently.

Something about these definitely seems wrong. The styling seems odd, and, really, Perry White? Hey kids, a Perry White puzzle! said nobody, excitedly, ever.

<a  href=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/13148774885_dde33b1c4b_z.jpg' alt='13148774885_dde33b1c4b_z.jpg'>IMG #2 SPLASH PAGE FROM ADVENTURE COMICS #120

mm

This game was made by Transogram in 1954 but they are definately not part of it because my game is complete with instructions and they are not listed. It is possible they made these but it seems very odd to have a large 1954 printed on them. Looks like they were styled after this game.

supermancallingame1_zpssiyfcjll.jpg

supermancallingame2_zpsooeencvx.jpg

supermancallingame3_zpsspwxam47.jpg