• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC possibly this busy??

175 posts in this topic

Considering there is another company in the mix, how can CGC still be this busy? If the other company is pulling away possible slabs then you would think the turn around time would significantly decrease not increase. There can't be that many copies of New Mutants 98 being slabbed that the entire system is slowing to crawl? Or is everyone being told to slab everything now to maximize profits? Just seems crazy to me that both companies are this busy.

Considering there is another company in the mix, how can CGC still be this busy? If the other company is pulling away possible slabs then you would think the turn around time would significantly decrease not increase. There can't be that many copies of New Mutants 98 being slabbed that the entire system is slowing to crawl? Or is everyone being told to slab everything now to maximize profits? Just seems crazy to me that both companies are this busy.

We're smack dab in the middle of convention season. Thousand and THOUSANDS of books are being added to the cue on a weekly basis.

2002 called and said they couldn't understand it back then either. lol

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I can't believe it's taking even longer and like the other people in the turnaround thread, I don't feel like paying an extra $10 per book to get my books graded.

I couldn't wait 4 months to get books back but I guess if you do it regularly packages come every couple months so its not that bad. Guy I know sent in 300 books in March to the other guys and he is still waiting on some to come back. That's over 5 months!

Have you seen what people are subbing? I understand that what I collect isn't better than what you collect but why are you subbing last week's modern book in an 8.5-9.0 I am sorry but why?

More and more collectors are subbing books more so now than ever, which means that everything is slowing down.

I was really hoping a new game in town would speed things up but until they can cut down their TAT's (which they can't...they have added +20 days since con season) it won't cut down here.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I can't believe it's taking even longer and like the other people in the turnaround thread, I don't feel like paying an extra $10 per book to get my books graded.

I couldn't wait 4 months to get books back but I guess if you do it regularly packages come every couple months so its not that bad. Guy I know sent in 300 books in March to the other guys and he is still waiting on some to come back. That's over 5 months!

They received mine second week of April and are available for pick up as of Friday at the post office. I am guessing he had sig verification?

CGC is currently about 2-3 weeks faster for moderns

Don't be fooled into thinking the market is finite.

If its not finite then it must be infinite :o

Relatively speaking, that is lol

Point being, It's not a stagnant pie for which they are vying for pieces. It is an ever-growing pie.

What I don't like is why they don't expand their capacity to meet demand. I get it, I just don't like it.

And from my last experience. CGC is in a tight phase.

for rizzle