• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC possibly this busy??

175 posts in this topic

The Quality Control is in the toilet too, I just got a batch back from CGC and I'm not happy!

I'm celebrating the wife's B-day today so my rant that I'm going to post in my quality control thread will have to wait! I'm pretty upset though. The lackluster treatment of the book during encapsulation just ruined this beloved piece from a gorgeous one owner collection and the cherry on top it was a cool color variant!

Where's the friggin' Pepto!

:tonofbricks:

Did you get a PLOD from a one owner collection? yeah that does stink,

any details?

Stop being cheap and fast track :sumo:

+1

reward terrible service :idea:

Where's the terrible service? I send books to be graded, I give them time to do their job while understanding I'm not the only person on Earth submitting books, and then I get freshly stabbed books mailed back to me.

When I have questions regarding my current submission, a customer service rep always gets back to me right away, and from a company email address I can email them back if I still have questions. Bad service?

If they have bad service, then don't use them, friend. Go send your books to the other company, get your books graded under lazier grading standards, and sell them (if you're selling) for a fraction of the price a CGC slabbed book gets you. At least it would divert your self centered comments to the other company's forum.

CGC is the top dog. I can wait a bit longer for my slabs- no problem. If it's not fast enough for you, dig deep and go Fast Track. Easy.

I totally agree , the turnaround times are what they are, if CGC were to hire more employees they would have to charge more, .. no thanks- things are fine the way they are now, I waited six months for a cereal box send in toy as a child and that seemed forever, as an adult you quickly realize four months is NOTHING,..

I wish four months simply waiting for some comic books lasted seemingly forever instead of flying by.....

Stop being cheap and fast track :sumo:

+1

reward terrible service :idea:

Where's the terrible service? I send books to be graded, I give them time to do their job while understanding I'm not the only person on Earth submitting books, and then I get freshly stabbed books mailed back to me.

When I have questions regarding my current submission, a customer service rep always gets back to me right away, and from a company email address I can email them back if I still have questions. Bad service?

If they have bad service, then don't use them, friend. Go send your books to the other company, get your books graded under lazier grading standards, and sell them (if you're selling) for a fraction of the price a CGC slabbed book gets you. At least it would divert your self centered comments to the other company's forum.

CGC is the top dog. I can wait a bit longer for my slabs- no problem. If it's not fast enough for you, dig deep and go Fast Track. Easy.

another genius lining up to pay extra because they can't get books back in a timely fashion. brilliant. they win, you lose. congrats. oh, and here's another 700 page thread of "self centered comments" lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5998142&fpart=686

And from my last experience. CGC is in a tight phase.

has anyone looked at tat relative to our perceived "tight" and "looser" grading periods...I wonder if when they are "tighter" that it serves to slow down the submissions and helps tat....maybe when they get caught up, loosen (perceived again, of course) a bit and increase subs...

never really considered this, but I wonder hm

Imho, CGC's as tight right now as they were back in 2007-2008 - and TATs are far higher than they were back then. Go figure :shrug:

I don't care about turn around times, but the level of grading inconsistency they have shown throughout the years is frustrating. The fact that a 2007 9.2 is a 2011 9.6 and a 2015 9.2 shouldn't just bother me, it should bother CGC and whoever is training graders and finalizers. Waiting six months for my value tier sub is one thing, waiting six months to get kicked in the crotch grade-wise is another.

Dreading getting my subs back after hearing some serious complaints post WWC.

Waiting six months for my value tier sub is one thing, waiting six months to get kicked in the crotch grade-wise is another.

What's even worse is getting a proper grade, but then doesn't match the label because they FUBAR'ed it!!!

Now that is ultimate kick in the Beehive!

I still think grading is the most genious marketing idea ever invented. let me charge you hundreds of dollars to assign your book a grade based on my opinion which is in no way a strict standard given the varying degrees of condition found within a single grade tier I.e. 9.8/9.6. Differences in condition? strictly opinion.

The best part is that since there is no flawless way of identifying and grading condition, they will forever own the market.

Turn around times suck, but hiring more graders shouldnt make the price of grading go up. if you have X # of books coming and X # of graders grading which equals X amount of dollars, t would only make sense that if there is an increase in the number of books submitted, the amount of money grossed increases as well, which would give the company more money to hire more graders to provide a faster service while still maintaining a healthy profit.

thats my late night business analysis,

I have a feeling the CGC employees are working very hard, working weekends and overtime. The overall quality and accuracy of grading is as strong as ever. I'm seeing a quality product out there. I really think some of these posters should back off a little. Board sales rules allow for a seller to ship within a month time frame. It's okay for us to take our sweet time but CGC has to produce immediate results ?

The Quality Control is in the toilet too, I just got a batch back from CGC and I'm not happy!

I'm celebrating the wife's B-day today so my rant that I'm going to post in my quality control thread will have to wait! I'm pretty upset though. The lackluster treatment of the book during encapsulation just ruined this beloved piece from a gorgeous one owner collection and the cherry on top it was a cool color variant!

I must have missed the birthday thread in Comics General

I have a feeling the CGC employees are working very hard, working weekends and overtime. The overall quality and accuracy of grading is as strong as ever. I'm seeing a quality product out there. I really think some of these posters should back off a little. Board sales rules allow for a seller to ship within a month time frame. It's okay for us to take our sweet time but CGC has to produce immediate results ?

If it took me a month to ship out a book I'd have to kick my own .

It's almost always been a long wait. The grading game is not for instant gratification (walk-thru, onsite excluded).

A famous piece of art sums it up nicely:

2007-07-27_141300_goldenscansmall.jpg

:D

sorry brother, that probably not the best example because...

the story behind that commission was ultra, ultra weak...

Already paid? check!

blown off assignment for almost a year? check!

pizzed that reasonable client was asking about the waaaaaaay over due assignment? check!

making an insanely childish statement in the artwork you are contracted to do that you were massively late on? check!

and to put a cherry on the top of this loser dung pile of an illustrator that doesn't have the brains god gave a goat has a mis-spelling in his a-rag piece of work!

is he a prize???

BINGO!

:P

Considering there is another company in the mix, how can CGC still be this busy? If the other company is pulling away possible slabs then you would think the turn around time would significantly decrease not increase. There can't be that many copies of New Mutants 98 being slabbed that the entire system is slowing to crawl? Or is everyone being told to slab everything now to maximize profits? Just seems crazy to me that both companies are this busy.

Fast Track. It's more profit.

By doing this...Quality Control is bad.

And from my last experience. CGC is in a tight phase.

has anyone looked at tat relative to our perceived "tight" and "looser" grading periods...I wonder if when they are "tighter" that it serves to slow down the submissions and helps tat....maybe when they get caught up, loosen (perceived again, of course) a bit and increase subs...

never really considered this, but I wonder hm

Imho, CGC's as tight right now as they were back in 2007-2008 - and TATs are far higher than they were back then. Go figure :shrug:

I don't care about turn around times, but the level of grading inconsistency they have shown throughout the years is frustrating. The fact that a 2007 9.2 is a 2011 9.6 and a 2015 9.2 shouldn't just bother me, it should bother CGC and whoever is training graders and finalizers. Waiting six months for my value tier sub is one thing, waiting six months to get kicked in the crotch grade-wise is another.

Dreading getting my subs back after hearing some serious complaints post WWC.

Put me down for getting kicked in the crotch at WWC.

I guess the silver lining is I received the kick immediately instead of 4 months down the line. I haven't subbed through the normal channels in a while, so not sure if this was on-site or the new way of things.

I must have missed the birthday thread in Comics General

lol:mad:

FAST TRACK

Add $10 per book

to appropriate tier.

Applies to

Modern, Value

and Economy

tiers only.

Reduces the

estimated

turnaround

time by half.

Modern Fast Track Pre-screen:

Received - July 28th

Shipped - Aug 24th

Very cool 28 calendar days

Moderns Slow Track Pre-screen:

Received - May 26th

100 calendar days and we are still at Received, and probably will be for another few days after speaking with CGC.