• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC possibly this busy??

175 posts in this topic

FAST TRACK

Add $10 per book

to appropriate tier.

Applies to

Modern, Value

and Economy

tiers only.

Reduces the

estimated

turnaround

time by half.

Modern Fast Track Pre-screen:

Received - July 28th

Shipped - Aug 24th

Very cool 28 calendar days

Moderns Slow Track Pre-screen:

Received - May 26th

100 calendar days and we are still at Received, and probably will be for another few days after speaking with CGC.

How much does pre-screen add to the TAT? I have a 6/10 MST invoice that has been sitting at graded for over a week now.

FAST TRACK

Add $10 per book

to appropriate tier.

Applies to

Modern, Value

and Economy

tiers only.

Reduces the

estimated

turnaround

time by half.

Received - July 28th

Shipped - Aug 24th

Received - May 26th

100 calendar days and we are still at Received, and probably will be for another few days after speaking with CGC.

How much does pre-screen add to the TAT? I have a 6/10 MST invoice that has been sitting at graded for over a week now.

Last I talked to someone it was around 50%. If they sit at 50 days for regular modern submissions, a pre-screen will be around 70-75.

Stop being cheap and fast track :sumo:

+1

reward terrible service :idea:

Where's the terrible service? I send books to be graded, I give them time to do their job while understanding I'm not the only person on Earth submitting books, and then I get freshly stabbed books mailed back to me.

When I have questions regarding my current submission, a customer service rep always gets back to me right away, and from a company email address I can email them back if I still have questions. Bad service?

If they have bad service, then don't use them, friend. Go send your books to the other company, get your books graded under lazier grading standards, and sell them (if you're selling) for a fraction of the price a CGC slabbed book gets you. At least it would divert your self centered comments to the other company's forum.

CGC is the top dog. I can wait a bit longer for my slabs- no problem. If it's not fast enough for you, dig deep and go Fast Track. Easy.

To which “other company” do you refer? The “company” located in Oregon that’s basically one guy in a basement with a slabbing machine, or the other legitmate company that’s located in St. Petersburg and was founded by former CGC staff?

FAST TRACK

Add $10 per book

to appropriate tier.

Applies to

Modern, Value

and Economy

tiers only.

Reduces the

estimated

turnaround

time by half.

Received - July 28th

Shipped - Aug 24th

Received - May 26th

Last I talked to someone it was around 50%. If they sit at 50 days for regular modern submissions, a pre-screen will be around 70-75.

It was about 3 weeks for me on average, until now.

+1

Where's the terrible service? I send books to be graded, I give them time to do their job while understanding I'm not the only person on Earth submitting books, and then I get freshly stabbed books mailed back to me.

When I have questions regarding my current submission, a customer service rep always gets back to me right away, and from a company email address I can email them back if I still have questions. Bad service?

If they have bad service, then don't use them, friend. Go send your books to the other company, get your books graded under lazier grading standards, and sell them (if you're selling) for a fraction of the price a CGC slabbed book gets you. At least it would divert your self centered comments to the other company's forum.

CGC is the top dog. I can wait a bit longer for my slabs- no problem. If it's not fast enough for you, dig deep and go Fast Track. Easy.

To which “other company” do you refer? The “company” located in Oregon that’s basically one guy in a basement with a slabbing machine, or the other legitmate company that’s located in St. Petersburg and was founded by former CGC staff?

They both :censored:

+1

We talking about the same company in St. Petersburg?

+1

To which other company do you refer? The company located in Oregon thats basically one guy in a basement with a slabbing machine, or the other legitmate company thats located in St. Petersburg and was founded by former CGC staff?

We talking about the same company in St. Petersburg?

Stalingrad or Leningrad? I always get them mixed up.

+1

[[ insert other company name here ]]

Whoever you can cram into those brackets above.

+1

Common sense tells me to walk away from this thread but I can’t resist my curiosity. There are 3 grading companies, if you include the faux company in Oregon (PGX). You are saying that the newest company, founded by CGC’s former president and primary grader grades under lazier standards?

+1

Common sense tells me to walk away from this thread but I can’t resist my curiosity. There are 3 grading companies, if you include the faux company in Oregon (PGX). You are saying that the newest company, founded by CGC’s former president and primary grader grades under lazier standards?

That's why he left - so he could be lazy.

+1

That's why he left - so he could be lazy.

or laxer, the ponytail could imply either.

I guess my issue isn't necessarily the long long turn around times but the fact that when I submitted the books, they advertised 45 day turn around but I got was 90+ day turnaround. At least be honest with your customer.

This is why, BTW, why you should always slab on-site. The end.

If they were to have a good offering to the general public - that would be awesome.

From what I read here- on site closed withing 30-45 minutes of opening on Thursday and Friday at Chicago.

I heard that they were accepting submissions Wednesday - for dealers (dealer badges anyway) . Did they also take dealer pre show Thursday and Friday? - having to get a dealer badge to take advantage of on site kind of messes up the individual collector. Would be better for them to limit on site submissions to a reasonable number (like 20 per person/dealer or something like that ) - and be able to take submission for many hours Thursday and Friday. If they want to take all they can get done overnight Wednesday? - no big deal as long as they do not restrict the offerings to the rest.

I think the bigger issue that was pointed out by others - is the publication of estimated and current turn around times. I have only seen the current times increase in the past year.

We can all see they are busy. Great. Do something to show you are reducing the TAT - then this makes sense. Increase capacity at whatever is the main hold up. Better capacity in a service based business with a backlog = more throughput = more profits. They can then see if reducing the TAT - will also get more of us with books to submit.

Otherwise - why not just drop the whole estimated thing and just post what leadtime will get.

I see very few CBCS books on the market. They're there, but CGC still dominates. CGC has a toehold that is more like an armbar.

Seemed like CBCS slabs were everywhere at WonderCon. Quite a few at SDCC, as well.

I agree with the post above that recommended limiting dealer submits for onsite grading. I went to BCC last year (2014) with about 8 nice (my opinion) comics in hand, having purchased a VIP entrance pass to get in an hour early, only to be turned away by very p*ssed-off CGC employees surrounded by even more p*ssed off customers. I was honestly concerned a riot was going to ensue, so I sadly backed away.

They really need to do something to limit the dealers submitting 2/3 of CGC's onsite capacity before the con floor even opens. I saw broken hearts that day, and I am not being melodramatic.