• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What The Heck Is This???

8 posts in this topic

I am in the process of re-grading my books, some of which I have not looked at in a few years.

While grading my early Two Gun Kid books I came across three books, numbers 1, 3, 6 that have what appears to be restoration but I am not sure.

All three of these books must have come from the same seller (do not remember) and were purchased on eBay about 7-8 years ago.

All three have...

1)Red Covers

2)Four Small (1/16") Holes Punched Through the Book by the Spine.

3)What Appears to be Glue Running the Length of the Spine but by Looking at the Inside of the Cover there are No Obvious Tears or Rips.

4) #1 Appears to Have Tape Removal Damage to the Cover.

What do you think about the glue/holes???

Here are pics of the books.

35aoz9c.jpg

nw08pw.jpg

28iahch.jpg

10eh3er.jpg

20ken2b.jpg

14ifzvc.jpg

If they were in a binder, the holes weren't made by a hole puncher. If done by hand I would expect a lot more creasing to the book as it wouldn't be easy to run holes through an entire book by hand. I guess you could place the book on a flat surface and hammer through a nail to minimize the book damage to just the holes.

Cheers, Howard

absolutely from a bound volume . i have had several where the binder/printer ties them together with string through those holes and then glues on a piece of paper to join all the comics together before he puts them in a hardcover .

one of many ways to bind comics into a book.

the glue is usually insoluble to most chemicals so whoever breaks the book up usually cuts or tears the covers to each issue of the comics.