• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is there plastic floating around in my heritage win?

13 posts in this topic

So I just got my books from heritage's last signature auction, and there's a loose piece of plastic floating around inside the slab of my new All-Star! frustrated.gif I'll post a scan later today, as my wife's got the scanner in her office till tonight...

Naturally, there was no mention of "floating plastic inside slab" in the Heritage catalog. tongue.gif

So let's say I want to reslab...what's my best course of action? Do I contact heritage and let them know what's up, or do I just take care of it myself? I do want to keep this particular book slabbed as it's highgrade and I've got a reprint reader...any advice?

Happened to me with a couple of Spirit comics I got from Heritage. They rattled when I moved them and then I saw the piece. Little shard of good old american slab. I was to shy to call them on it and the book was undamaged so.... Let us know how you do.

I had the same thing on a heritage win a few years back. A little floating piece of plastic. I probably should have said something then but never got around to it. It doesn't look like it can damage/touch the book, so I didn't get too crazed about it.

Issue #31....really beautiful book besides, which makes the floating plastic all that more annoying....

Maybe I'll give heritage a call sometime next week and see what's what... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From the Heritage site it appears as if the case was cracked. The lower left corner, damage to the front and back.

....contact them first to have your bases covered...but $11 for a reslab and probably not worth the trouble to go through heritage...unless the book is damaged...then it's their baby.

Issue #31....really beautiful book besides, which makes the floating plastic all that more annoying....

Maybe I'll give heritage a call sometime next week and see what's what... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From the Heritage site it appears as if the case was cracked. The lower left corner, damage to the front and back.

Yeah, there is a bit of a hairline fracture, but nothing that detracts from the integrity of the slab...except for the yucky plastic floater, of course!