• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Auction: Thoughts?

231 posts in this topic

lol, I could have paid it off with a fraction of a paycheck but decided not to as there were a bunch of other purchases where time payments were not an option

I'm a tiny phallus in this game

Ah I hope it didn't come off that I was questioning the size of your paycheck? Even if I was, you surely know you don't have to justify it to me or anybody but your family and anyone extending you credit :)

However...you did prove my point (again), perhaps without realizing it.The very fact that you're not willing to fully fund all your purchases on the spot IS leverage. Doesn't matter how you slice who gets what when. Whether it's living above your means or a matter of opportunity cost (borrowing at a lower rate/risk than reasonable anticipated ROI) only you know, but it is...what it is.

That the BSDs do this all the time, is not a surprise or concern (fraction of a fraction of a fraction). When little phallii (er??) are in statistically significant numbers...that's bubblicious.

I thought about that, but that implies that I bear the payment risk.

Malvin

But don't you? I haven't consigned with ComicLink but I bet their fine print tells you what happens when a lot fails to be settled in full. They may choose to buy the piece themselves or offer it to an underbidder and eat the difference, both of which make you whole (and really that's the point, not how it happens). But those methods are more customer service exceptions, distributed voluntarily, so doesn't mean they always will or "have to". Which means contractually you do bear the payment risk. What does your consignment agreement tell you?

I thought about that, but that implies that I bear the payment risk.

Malvin

But don't you? I haven't consigned with ComicLink but I bet their fine print tells you what happens when a lot fails to be settled in full. They may choose to buy the piece themselves or offer it to an underbidder and eat the difference, both of which make you whole (and really that's the point, not how it happens). But those methods are more customer service exceptions, distributed voluntarily, so doesn't mean they always will or "have to". Which means contractually you do bear the payment risk. What does your consignment agreement tell you?

I think you are right; I had one item deducted off my consignment check because it was returned by the buyer.

Furthermore, I can't see clink not protecting themselves in that regard. They can't be on the hook for a $10,000 piece when they only earned $1,000 on it.

Quick question.

When you win something from Clink and they charge you for "express shipping", what type of service is used to send the item? Specifically, what speed of Fed Ex shipping?

Quick question.

When you win something from Clink and they charge you for "express shipping", what type of service is used to send the item? Specifically, what speed of Fed Ex shipping?

2 - day