• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paying CGC via Paypal

19 posts in this topic

Interesting that everyone here is so polarized on the paypal front. I will admit i dont like many of their policies but thought it would be another way to satisfy the impulsiveness that is the collecting market as a way to get more money into the CGC funnel quicker.

I'm surprised at you guys. I'd LOVE to pay for CGC services with my PayPal funds. Sure CGC would be charged the 3%, but to me there would be ZERO negatives. As a matter of fact, I'd submit even more books to CGC if I could pay this way as it is always easier for me to part with PayPal funds than cash out of my checking account (I'm kinda' weird that way).

This post explains a lot about you.

Let me help, it's all coming out of your pocket regardless of what account you use.

Remove the veil of electronic currency brainwashing!

Yes, obviously. But since the only money I have in my PayPal account is money made from selling comics, it almost seems like "free money" to me. Once that it is in my checking account mixed with money from my paycheck I look at it more like money to pay the bills with and etc.

Money is money. But I like to keep the sources of it seperate and earmark comic money for comics. Let the hobby pay for itself. But I'll admit, the thought of using my PayPal debit/credit card to pay for CGC fees did not occur to me. And the fact that I'll save 1.5% on the transaction (bonus for using the card) makes it even better.

I wonder what CGC has to say on this subject?

It should make no difference to them at all. When using a PayPal debit/credit card to pay for CGC it is exactly the same to them as being paid with a regular credit card. For us, the charge comes out of our PayPal balance and we are refunded 1.5% of the charge. So for a $400 submission fee (30 Moderns) I'd be refunded a whopping $6.00 back into my PayPal account. There is no interest involved for us whatsover. A win/win situation for us, PayPal and CGC.