• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ADVENTURE 26

89 posts in this topic

Hope it works out,but after reading all your past mishaps,I'm not certain I'd be chillin the champaign just yet. An email from an unknown person? I get dozens of those a day,promising everything from better erections to letting me know I'm the owner of lost funds.

Hope it works out but,please,proceed with both eyes open.

Hope it works out,but after reading all your past mishaps,I'm not certain I'd be chillin the champaign just yet. An email from an unknown person? I get dozens of those a day,promising everything from better erections to letting me know I'm the owner of lost funds.

Feel free to offer me up as an escrow person - I'd be happy to do it, if you feel squidgy about it.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Ian, I hope this is for real. Many of us have been rooting for you to nail this for a while. If it turns out some sicko is pulling a joke on you, I guarantee there are a lot of people who will not think it's funny. The extent and manifestations of human cruelty never cease to amaze me, even here on these boards among fellow collectors. That aside, GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear the great news. I remember completing my Marvel set and my Dennis the Menace set, my Gold Key horror sets, etc., and getting that last book is quite a triumph. I hope it happens for you soon. thumbsup2.gif

Joe

Will you be collecting every Marvel after this? Every Archie? Every Harvey? What will you do for fun once the NA 26 is found?

I've still got 46 DC promos to find, remember, apart from the main goal of every DC ever offered for sale. 19 of those are Superman Tims. A couple of these promos are much rarer than any regular comic.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to amount this DC collection Ian, and where do you get the money to fund your buying, it seems you're always talking about spending a thousand there a couple over there ..

I started when I was a kid. I started in earnest in 1972. It's taken me thirty three years.

I funded the more expensive stuff by selling all the most valuable records from my collection of soul singles, collected over thirty years, to buy the key comics instead. rare records are very like rare comics - certain ones are enormously in demand.

A friend here on these boards has already found me someone trustworthy in the city where the guy lives, ready to do the deal for me, IF it turns out to be legit.

The guy who first contacted me hasn't responed to any of my e-mails so I'm already wary.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to amount this DC collection Ian, and where do you get the money to fund your buying, it seems you're always talking about spending a thousand there a couple over there ..

I started when I was a kid. I started in earnest in 1972. It's taken me thirty three years.

I funded the more expensive stuff by selling all the most valuable records from my collection of soul singles, collected over thirty years, to buy the key comics instead. rare records are very like rare comics - certain ones are enormously in demand.

Ian, do you still own some Doctor Who memorabilia? I know that's your other passion.

Ian, do you still own some Doctor Who memorabilia? I know that's your other passion.

I also sold every last piece apart from the dalek, to fund the comics. I made a LOT of sacrifices to complete this collection, including a remortgage. That's why I want this last comic to come off. It's been stuck in a rut for a year now.

I just hope that Ian gets this book so the other greedy dealer with a copy will have to eat his book. Well he might not have to eat it, but he probably will notbe selling it anytime soon. Unless Ian gets some pub from this and NA 26 becomes a hot book because it was the last book...which would be down right silly..

Even if Ian gets the other copy of NA 26 and sizable press coverage/fanfare ensues, DTA is not going to see more than 3x guide for his copy - I'm confident of that. Maybe DTA will just leave the same price on his NA 26 for the next 83 years, until his current asking price becomes the guide price 27_laughing.gif