• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KRAMPUS!!!

24 posts in this topic

The original Black Christmas was one of the true starts of the slasher genre.

Still hold up ok today... and Olivia Hussey was just hottie too.

The remake was grizzly fun too... just not a great movie.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I haven't seen either, but really want to.

I'm really looking forward to this version of Krampus, because they're primarily using puppetry and practical fx, something that is rare in movies nowadays.

Did anyone check out this movie this weekend? Think I'll check it out today, it's based on the comic book (or the other way around with the comic being released first). After how much I liked Trick 'r Treat, and with a promising cast, I'm thinking it can't be bad. Here's how Krampus is celebrated in Austria a couple days ago.

If you like the subject of this movie and haven't seen Rare Exports, add it to your queue.

I had high hopes for this when I saw the display in SD last year. The legend of Krampus is awesome.

Unfortunately, they went with a Tim Burtonesque / Grinch sort of feel to the movie and Americanized it.

I would have much preferred to see Krampus happen in Europe where it originated and maybe make it something akin to Shyamalan's 'The Village' in style. That would have been awesome.

I went and saw it, thought it was enjoyable and worth seeing, but it's not anything that will surpass Gremlins even if it's a bit more twisted. It pays homage to Gremlins (even using some of the Gremlins sound effects during the chimney scene), as well as Tremors. It also has a few puffy evil Shrek Gingys in there. One thing I thought was a bit not thought through was the "squirrels" running on the roof scene. They're on the bottom floor living room of a 2 story house with a 3rd story attic and they're following the sound with the flashlight on the ceiling, but that's maybe a point no one else will think of.

I watched it last night. I liked the directors other movie Trick or Treat also.

I had fun with Krampus, laughing out loud at times and enjoying the bad guys when they are around :banana:

Good flick.

I had high hopes for this when I saw the display in SD last year. The legend of Krampus is awesome.

Unfortunately, they went with a Tim Burtonesque / Grinch sort of feel to the movie and Americanized it.

I would have much preferred to see Krampus happen in Europe where it originated and maybe make it something akin to Shyamalan's 'The Village' in style. That would have been awesome.

Roy,

Have you tried "The Witch" yet?

Roy,

My friend says that's the best horror movie he has seen in years. Was raving about it.

Krampus was just meh. Some good moments, but I felt like it didn't go far enough to be scary, and wasn't silly enough to be funny.

Roy,

My friend says that's the best horror movie he has seen in years. Was raving about it.

I thought it was brilliant, but I'm from New England, so I might be bias. But, it killed on RT.

Roy,

I thought it was brilliant, but I'm from New England, so I might be bias. But, it killed on RT.

I thought The Witch was a good movie. Definitely creepy throughout.

..gonna go see if I can find a copy of "The Witch"

just saw it. very meh.

That sucks.

I thought you would have liked it too.

:(

For pure cheese, try The Funhouse Massacre. lol

You know, it probably would have been cool if it was edited down for like some hour (well, 50 minute or so) horror anthology show.

I do love the idea of horror movies in that time period. If there are others, please feel free to drop names.

Watching "The Funhouse Massacre" now.

What do you think about Triangle (from 2009)? I skipped through it, looks cool.