• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction - November

183 posts in this topic

Why does the Heritage website make everything huge like it's trying to be formatted for a cell phone when browsing listings? Is there a way to change this?

For example, instead of having a thumbnail gallery of search results it shows one at a time with huge font.

That's a bug, I think. The site should change based on the size of your viewport and you've got plenty of room to see the normal view there. I can't replicate that in any of the browsers I've got locally.

Are you running a really ancient version of Firefox?

Using the most up to date version of FF. All other sites are normal.

Weird. The way they built the site is based on the size of your browser. So if you've got a lot of room (which you do) then you should be getting the 2 or 3 a row grid that I get in Firefox. If you don't have a lot of room, you would get the one column view you're experiencing. I asked about Firefox because the oldest versions don't support the main technology used to do that size-based layout. If you're on the latest then that's not the answer. The other thing I was thinking is that your font is set to be like.... 300% on ha.com. That would do the same thing as having a small browser window.

In case you're wondering, I do this stuff for a living and have a lot of expertise in the techniques they're using so it's interesting to me to see such an unexpected result.

The problem I have when looking at their site on my desktop is that the "blow up" or whatever it's called of the book doesn't work as well as it did previously. Either it remains small or becomes extremely large. There is no easy way to stabilize the image at a size that (more or less) fills the screen. Mousing over it causes the size of the image to bounce around. Using Safari on a Mac.

You can adjust the size of the image in the RUQ once it has been expanded. The problem that I have is that on my laptop the cursor won't grab & drag the image, and the scrollbar moves the background page, rather than the expanded image.

Definitely a downgrade from the previous version of the site.

Are you on a touchscreen windows laptop?

Yes.

I reported that as a bug. They're doing a well-known, often repeated thing where they think that any device that has touch CAN'T have a mouse. So they're not listening for what your mouse does. Hopefully they'll fix it.

I think we should give them some feedback on that. The old fallback of being able to download the full sized image in a new brower window would be fine with me.

This should absolutely be an option.

While I know its a tad bit early but I was surfing the listings and did you see the line up of high grade FF's! :o

You know the one thing this auction has done for me is really drive home how cool many of the Fantastic Four covers are. :cloud9:

:applause:

While I know its a tad bit early but I was surfing the listings and did you see the line up of high grade FF's! :o

You know the one thing this auction has done for me is really drive home how cool many of the Fantastic Four covers are. :cloud9:

I know people like to say that DC started the Silver Age but the FF run was just such a cut above everything else out there at the time that I've always considered it the true start, or more so the point where the SA hit a 'point of no return' start to it.

Up until then it was debatable as there was a lot going on with all publishers. After FF #1 it was established.

My opinion of course.

I know people like to say that DC started the Silver Age but the FF run was just such a cut above everything else out there at the time that I've always considered it the true start, or more so the point where the SA hit a 'point of no return' start to it.

Up until then it was debatable as there was a lot going on with all publishers. After FF #1 it was established.

My opinion of course.

I'm also entitled to your opinion.

FF1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SC4

My opinion of course.

FF Always!

My opinion of course.

Knowing what we know now this is of course hard to argue with.

However without SC 4 and then B&B 28, it is debatable whether or not FF 1 would have ever existed either.

-J.

My opinion of course.

Knowing what we know now this is of course hard to argue with.

However without SC 4 and then B&B 28, it is debatable whether or not FF 1 would have ever existed either.

-J.

... you underestimate Stan. The FF would have still come about without DC..... in fact, it probably would have been even better without all that inane DC stuff dumbing down the market :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My opinion of course.

And as usual, WRONG! :baiting:

Roy is right because Marvel owned DC from the get go in the 60's. Kids spoke with their lunch money in volumes, JLA vs Calimari guy or Dr. Doom vs the FF, Jimmy Olsen or Journey Into Mystery. hm Super Dog or the Avengers? No contest.

In my neighborhood you caught an arse whuppin' if found with a D.C....... but not as bad as a Harvey. I always carried mine in to the house in the center of my small stack :busy: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u