• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quick question about buy orders on CLink

9 posts in this topic

I emailed Clink but didn't get a reply and being impatient I figured I would ask here. If you place a buy offer and Clink doesn't get in touch with after you 5 days is the Buy order is cancelled? I was wondering as I placed one this past weekend and after 5 days it disappeared, but the item is on the site not pending or anything.

I realized they have no control over the seller so in no way am I upset at them or the site. This is more of a curiosity. I read their FAQ and it was a little unclear what happens. Maybe place a buy order on the item again to see if the seller responds or will Clink pull the item as no longer available?

C-Link is strange that way - i had a similar experience with a no response...

I also wonder how long they keep 'sale pending' notifications on before taking them off. Some seem like deals that are too good to be true. Which makes me think they've been up there for a long time.

doh!

If there's no date, then don't bother trying to buy it.

This.

The single most aggravating thing about CL is they leave books on their buy/sell site forever. I have bought books off the exchange, but I hate it. I much prefer to buy in their auctions

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to remove a listing on Comiclink if it sells elsewhere. Item sells on eBay? Even if someone places a buy order after it has sold on eBay the CLink seller is still has that five day window to not only deny the sale but remove the listing.

If there's no date, then don't bother trying to buy it.

This.

The single most aggravating thing about CL is they leave books on their buy/sell site forever. I have bought books off the exchange, but I hate it. I much prefer to buy in their auctions

They will tell you that it's up to the seller to pull a listing, but still, they could stale date entries so that they were dumped after a certain amount of time.

I think it's pretty obvious what they're doing: they create the illusion of inventory. I wish they'd clean it up. But of course, the entire website needs a reboot, but that won't happen as they're still raking in the dough with every auction.

But can you imagine what it's like there? Must be incredibly monotonous.