• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

Maybe in the Spider-Gwen universe, all superheros are Gwen Stacy.....

Edit: ..... just reread the article....whatever, I'm standing by it. Howard the Duck and She-Hulk are also Gwen.

lol. Gwen the Duck? You may have something there...

I'd also like to poitn out that the reason Spider-Gwen works is because it makes a hell of a lot of sense of Gwen to be spider powered, and she has the supporting cast we all know.

Can anyone logically explain to me, why and how Gwen is going to get a healing factor, enter Weaon X, and go from a sweet girl next door to an individual_without_enough_empathy merc with a mouth?

This reaks of Ike Perlmutter.

It's a tragic tale...see Gwen is a mutant with the ability to come back from the dead (she has to die for the healing power to work-think Jesus). So Gwen awoke buried alive and had to claw herself out of her grave. The experience left her slightly insane which led her down the mercenary path.

She became fixated on Deadpool because his costume reminded her of some super powered figure from her past but she can't quite remember who.

....I haven't read it, and I'm sure that I never will read it. So I'm not sure if you were serious about the description of the GwenPool story, or if that was a clever idea of your own design?

I've bought into a lot of silly comic ideas over the years....but this Gwen Mania thing isn't going to be on that checklist :)

Just me being silly, so far Gwenpool has only had that one cover, no actual interior pages. I think the Gwen Mania is what happens when a character is left for dead for 40+ years. Fans are getting all those missing Gwen stories in one giant flood of Gwen that's been going on for a year now.

So what makes Gwenpool a Gwenpool besides having that mask and swords.

You're telling me Marvel's "girl next door" is going to be decapitating drug dealers, capping fools in the head, and making all kinds of 4th wall breaking/innuendo jokes?

Its such a clear misunderstanding of why Spider-Gwen worked, and why Deadpool works.

In all seriousness though, on paper Deadpool must have seemed like a really bad idea at the time too.

He too was a rip off of a well established and beloved character.

But Gwen-saturation levels are reaching dangerously high levels.

tumblr_macsehW2861rwktko.gif

"I had to die, but we're letting this fly???"
A good friend has always hated Deadpool because of that and completely loses it when younger fans think Deathstroke is the knock off.

In all seriousness though, on paper Deadpool must have seemed like a really bad idea at the time too.

On paper? Rob Liefeld never wrote anything down on paper. :insane:

Bob Harras and Marvel were just too much in a hurry to push Louise Simonson away to let the kids have "unforgettable" comics and starting to plan their downslide… :facepalm: