• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

I bought a few copies that all have what looks like a color break on the spine across from her right armpit. Are most NM copies like that?

I see that this 9.8 SS CGC copy has the same issue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpools-Secret-Secret-Wars-2-Gwenpool-CGC-SS-9-8-Signed-by-Stan-Lee-/281784707411?hash=item419bad6953&nma=true&si=BKfUPHW1x3%252BsRLSop5TC6HJOl%252FE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Apologies if this was previously mentioned.

I think since the soon to be released solo title not a hidden secret, the speculators will horde and the company will issue too many variants, so the market may crash a-la the 90's on this title. It's more of an exploitative marketing ploy by the publisher to cash in on the Spider-Woman Gwen Stacy phenomenon than something fans are attaching themselves to as readers and gaining popularity the old fashioned way, by earning it through good storytelling through artwork and writing, which is usually a slow grow.

As for the 1st appearance, it feels like a novelty at first impression glance, but to be honest I've not read the book, so don't know how the characterization is, so am not really qualified to judge Gwen-Pool.

As for the 1st appearance, it feels like a novelty at first impression glance, but to be honest I've not read the book, so don't know how the characterization is, so am not really qualified to judge Gwen-Pool.

Nobody has because she hasn't appeared inside a comic yet. GwenPool was one of a dozen or so Gwen-mash-ups variants Marvel did one month, but people actually seemed to like that mash-up enough for Marvel to commission an actual story that won't be out for a few more months.

The kids I work with love her. They are all 13-21 and we read a comic every day, so they get exposed to a ton of characters, but Gwenpool has really made a lasting effect. Since I told them about her upcoming book, I get 8 or 9 kids a week asking if there is any new news. This is over 100 Gwenpool fans just in my city alone. I honestly see this character being a star.

The kids I work with love her. They are all 13-21 and we read a comic every day, so they get exposed to a ton of characters, but Gwenpool has really made a lasting effect. Since I told them about her upcoming book, I get 8 or 9 kids a week asking if there is any new news. This is over 100 Gwenpool fans just in my city alone. I honestly see this character being a star.

Do they have the Internet (shrug)

You really have 1 kid a day asking about new news?

Those are some well connected kids. I doubt most comic collectors know who she is yet.