• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA #1

14 posts in this topic

I'm also at the 4.5/5.0 opinion. Lots of little flaws but nothing major. To me this is a classic VG+.

CGC tends to be lenient on a nice book in this range so I can see a 5.0 .I just hope the staples are firmly attached. The book has great eye appeal. Good Luck !

The staples are my concern as well. If they're snug (and shiney) I'd quickly give it a 4.5. The back cover is real nice. If the staple area is loose then 4.0 (with a CVA sticker, maybe)...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The staples are my concern as well. If they're snug (and shiney) I'd quickly give it a 4.5. The back cover is real nice. If the staple area is loose then 4.0 (with a CVA sticker, maybe)...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thank goodness the staples are super snug, no issues at all.

I don't think a press will help...

20150911215900_001_zps8mxlgvaz.jpg

20150911215900_002_zps9x6m0gqq.jpg

4.0 to 4.5

I'll also add that I disagree with you about the pressing comment.A press will help just about *any* book by removing light surface indentations, squaring up corners and so on.

Certain larger flaws like the tear on the spine would be less of an eyesore if the book were to be pressed....the tear would no longer be so readily evident; you would not have a piece of paper jutting out of the spine.

Aesthetic improvements like that do add up.

I wouldn't expect much of a grade bump on this book if it were to be pressed but I think it would be more likely to come back a .5 grade higher than if it were subbed for grading, as is.

If pressed, I'd expect a 4.5 with an outside chance at 5.0.

I'll also add that I disagree with you about the pressing comment.A press will help just about *any* book by removing light surface indentations, squaring up corners and so on.

Certain larger flaws like the tear on the spine would be less of an eyesore if the book were to be pressed....the tear would no longer be so readily evident; you would not have a piece of paper jutting out of the spine.

Aesthetic improvements like that do add up.

I wouldn't expect much of a grade bump on this book if it were to be pressed but I think it would be more likely to come back a .5 grade higher than if it were subbed for grading, as is.

If pressed, I'd expect a 4.5 with an outside chance at 5.0.

Your agenda to sell your pressing services via these PGM threads is becoming annoying. Please go away.