• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con -- October 28-30, 2016

118 posts in this topic

Unsubstantiated rumor. Just over heard a couple of employees from Heroes and Fantasies talking about it while digging through back issues.

I hope it stays that way. It may be too late, but if everyone able (I don't have an account) posts to their Facebook page to avoid Labor Day weekend we can hope it might make a difference. Not only is it inconvenient, but it would be up against something like three other big shows. If Apple wants to grow into a national player being up against Baltimore won't help that cause.

Unsubstantiated rumor. Just over heard a couple of employees from Heroes and Fantasies talking about it while digging through back issues.

I hope it stays that way. It may be too late, but if everyone able (I don't have an account) posts to their Facebook page to avoid Labor Day weekend we can hope it might make a difference. Not only is it inconvenient, but it would be up against something like three other big shows. If Apple wants to grow into a national player being up against Baltimore won't help that cause.

In addition, Amazing Houston is normally on Labor Day weekend.

Dates are October 28-30, 2016.

Where did you hear that? As best I can tell your post is literally the only place on the Internet that has those dates. They aren't on the ACCC Twitter, Facebook, or home page. Kind of odd if the dates are set...

And they're crappy dates, so I hope you're wrong.

The link isn't working for me. Can you screencapture whatever it is?

I still think it is strange that they haven't bothered to announce dates on any of their social media if they have set them. They also deleted the Facebook post saying that they were announcing their dates at that party this past Saturday night. They can't write a simple post in four days for something this important?

I was hoping that these weren't the dates, but when Wizard moved Austin a few days ago I thought it might be related. I was hoping for another September date. Anyway, the home page is under construction and these dates are the ones currently being shown.