• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 227

16 posts in this topic

7.0 Great book.

Its a nice looking book but not a 7.0

The surgace dirt patterns (lines of dirt) indicate a bend/impact damage at that spot, it is a tell rale sign of impact damage.

This is one of the signs that I look for when buying old books on ebay.

Look closer, young Jedi;)

The pattern on some of the surface dirt marks. mostly evident on the BC (only bc of the white background, indicate the book had signifigant impact bends.Over time, surface dirt collects itself into the indentation marks, when you see a straigh line of dirt, it is an indentation mark that has been collected/been filled in with surface dirt.

Examples:

Reference the dirt lines on the BC, above the word "skittles"....and there are a couple dirt lines above the large letters over the pool table.

On the FC there is a squiggly line of surface dirt in the moon.That's imlact damage.The darker tones on the FC obscure such indents but guven the pattern of marks on the BC and the light wear that can be made out on the FC, I am sure the FC has more indents.

I'd say the book is around a 5.0 to 6.0.

If dry cleaned & pressed....then I'd say the book would improve to about a 7.5.....or maybe even, an 8.0.I'd have to look at the pic again, but I'm composing this reply on my cell .

This Chet Gunderson guy does have some nice books, I see him posting nothing but keys in this subforum.

Chet, send me key books to dry clean & press for you, already ;)

I'll dry clean & press 4 books for you and send them back to you after a week of receiving them.Include a book for me to keep....instead of a cash payment. :wub wub:

Dry cleaning this Batman is easily an hour of work, closer to an hour and a half.I dry clean every bit of the FC & BC's on silver age on older books.....not just white areas.Removing barely perceptible surface dirt on the covers makes the inks/gloss pop up very nicely.

Just don't send me any books til after Baltimore is over, I have waaay too many books of my own that I have to prep for onsite grading at Baltimore. :frustrated:

Seriously, I am down and I have clients as well as other trade references who will vouch for my work.

Tell me what books you want (if any) worked on and I'll fill out the paperwork, send you a pressing form which I will sign (a legally binding contract).....and it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

I think it'd be a helluva sweet idea :cloud9: .....and yup.... :takeit:

7.0 Great book.

The surgace dirt patterns (lines of dirt) indicate a bend/impact damage at that spot, it is a tell rale sign of impact damage.

The pattern on some of the surface dirt marks. mostly evident on the BC (only bc of the white background, indicate the book had signifigant impact bends.Over time, surface dirt collects itself into the indentation marks, when you see a straigh line of dirt, it is an indentation mark that has been collected/been filled in with surface dirt.

Examples:

Reference the dirt lines on the BC, above the word "skittles"....and there are a couple dirt lines above the large letters over the pool table.

On the FC there is a squiggly line of surface dirt in the moon.That's imlact damage.The darker tones on the FC obscure such indents but guven the pattern of marks on the BC and the light wear that can be made out on the FC, I am sure the FC has more indents.

I'd say the book is around a 5.0 to 6.0.

If dry cleaned & pressed....then I'd say the book would improve to about a 7.5.....or maybe even, an 8.0.I'd have to look at the pic again, but I'm composing this reply on my cell .

This Chet Gunderson guy does have some nice books, I see him posting nothing but keys in this subforum.

Chet, send me key books to dry clean & press for you, already ;)

I'll dry clean & press 4 books for you and send them back to you after a week of receiving them.Include a book for me to keep....instead of a cash payment. :wub wub:

Dry cleaning this Batman is easily an hour of work, closer to an hour and a half.I dry clean every bit of the FC & BC's on silver age on older books.....not just white areas.Removing barely perceptible surface dirt on the covers makes the inks/gloss pop up very nicely.

Just don't send me any books til after Baltimore is over, I have waaay too many books of my own that I have to prep for onsite grading at Baltimore. :frustrated:

Seriously, I am down and I have clients as well as other trade references who will vouch for my work.

Tell me what books you want (if any) worked on and I'll fill out the paperwork, send you a pressing form which I will sign (a legally binding contract).....and it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

I think it'd be a helluva sweet idea :cloud9: .....and yup.... :takeit:

Thanks for the break down Overstreet Jr. Anyhow nice book, I'm at 6.5/7 closer to 7

7.0 Great book.

Who are YOU calling young Jedi? :roflmao:

7.0 Great book.

Easy now, hoss.

The jedi comment was meant only in jest, not as any sort of personal slight whatsoever, that should be readily apparent.

.....and those sort of impacts are prevalent throughout the book, they do not "stand out" signifigantly in a scan but the impact (suble indentations to the paper) certainly buckle the paper and prevent the book from lying flat.

It's the sort of defect that you'd see better through a camera, or if the book was in hand.....you could trace the indentd with your fingers and see them clearly under natural light.

My TGK 60, posted in another PGM thread is a good example.

In the 2 scans I put up, you really can't see the extent of the impact bends but they are much more visible in cell phone taken pics I also included.

So now the derailing nonsense that consumes every thread on these boards has spilled over to the grading forum. There use to be some great discussions in here. Now its a debating thread, and a thread for advertising services. doh!

7.0 Great book.

:preach:

So now the derailing nonsense that consumes every thread on these boards has spilled over to the grading forum. There use to be some great discussions in here. Now its a debating thread, and a thread for advertising services. doh!

Always right on. :sumo:

:hi: