• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does Mile High's site and online ordering suck?

46 posts in this topic

just go to youtube and put in mile high newsletter...they are the most funny and best that comic book collectors can see..they are not intended to be funny..by they are..and chuck plan...on my..to have a copy of every comic book every made...one video he takes us to one where house which is where tthere are 6 million...I kid you not comic books...the main store is 60,000 sq feet, the largest in the world( chuck will remind you of that)....look they are simply unlike anything out there......ENJOY

If you watch the documentary, he blames a lot of their poor sales on the changing of the times, and really played up the victim angle (calls with his wife about putting up the ohuse etc.)

At the same time he was shown refusing to bring any major keys, and didn't even want to part with his Red Robin 1 when an offer was on the table.

Nothing against the guy, he's obviously a legend doing what he does, but business in this economy requires you to be a bit less sentimental.

Sounds like he has a mental illness.

About five years ago, MHC listed an auction on eBay as "HULK 181" with a BIN of $172.41 (give or take a few bucks, can't recall the exact amount).

No picture, no grade, no other details.

I took a chance and bought it, ended up with an actual INCREDIBLE HULK 181 in a 7.0 grade.

Nice deal!

So they do offer deals from time to time, even if it seems like an obvious error.

Probably Chuck is afraid of losing any key issues due to the computer errors. $172 for IH 181 five years ago? 1st Wolverine movie was coming out in 2009 that was 6 years ago. What a big steal. Chuck may feel that he is falling apart after that.

Interesting about his business. I bought Nam and Bone issues from him. The prices on those books after I purchased were immediately increased by one or two dollars. Waited for those being sold for about 6 months then it went back to the original prices. I decided to deceive them by buying them at the same prices. After that, the prices were quickly increased then later dropped again in other 6 month frame. I haven't bought them since late 2013. That was eBay thing. I am sorry that you have gone through ordeals. I think Chuck is nuts. My toast goes to Conan and Barry Sanders.