• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does Mile High's site and online ordering suck?

46 posts in this topic

Mile HIgh Comics is the only comic company that I've ever dealt with and I asked myself the same questions your asking about why shipping is so slow with them.

If this were 1985 and I had to mail a check with a list of comics and alternates to them, wait for the letter to be delivered and picked up whenever they got around to checking their mail, waiting on the check to clear and finally waiting on them to check their stock to see that they didn't have any of my first choices and send me my alternates when they got around to shipping stuff out every other week then I would understand why they are so slow.

If companies that I order from to support my other hobbies like Summit Racing, Jeggs, Cheaper Than Dirt, Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain ATV can have something sent to me within 3 days of me placing an order with their standard shipping I don't see why Mile High can't do it in this day and age.

The last time I ordered something from them was earlier this year and I noticed that even though it took over 2 weeks for my comics to be delivered the package was sent 2nd day delivery. Combine that with high prices and the fact that a couple of the comics that I received looked like they had been graded by Matt Murdock I decided that I would never order from them again!!

I have placed 2 orders with them.

The first: all books were shipped and qty was good.

The second: 5 copies (shown as in stock) was changed to 1 copy, and condition was questionable.

Both times very slow to receive as well.

I would only order from them if you absolute cannot find a book somewhere else. Chances are it's cheaper elsewhere too.

From what one could assume, Chuck does every order, one at a time, personally. I don't understand how else the processing could be so slow.

Mile HIgh Comics is the only comic company that I've ever dealt with and I asked myself the same questions your asking about why shipping is so slow with them.

If this were 1985 and I had to mail a check with a list of comics and alternates to them, wait for the letter to be delivered and picked up whenever they got around to checking their mail, waiting on the check to clear and finally waiting on them to check their stock to see that they didn't have any of my first choices and send me my alternates when they got around to shipping stuff out every other week then I would understand why they are so slow.

If companies that I order from to support my other hobbies like Summit Racing, Jeggs, Cheaper Than Dirt, Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain ATV can have something sent to me within 3 days of me placing an order with their standard shipping I don't see why Mile High can't do it in this day and age.

The last time I ordered something from them was earlier this year and I noticed that even though it took over 2 weeks for my comics to be delivered the package was sent 2nd day delivery. Combine that with high prices and the fact that a couple of the comics that I received looked like they had been graded by Matt Murdock I decided that I would never order from them again!!

I used to buy from Dennis Kirk (snowmobile parts). I would order on a Sunday night (standard shipping) and have it on the next day. Yes I was only 3 hours down the road from them, but still incredibly fast.

shipping took about 2 weeks for some stuff ordered in august. missed my son's birthday, but luckily the kid party was the following week so he got the deadpool tpbs then. oh well. not that i am such a fast shipper...

a little irritated that they reduced a purchase of 5 copies to one copy, but at least the item is now out of stock on the website and it did not bring me down into non-free shipping. what i did get was accurately graded.

I bought a huge pile of $1 - $2 comics from MHC and paid on August 25th ($14 shipping to Canada, no matter how many comics are bought).

Since I haven't received a shipping notification yet, I asked them when they shipped.

Yesterday I got this reply..."Sorry for the delay. Right now we are having some issues that are delaying shipping on some orders.

We will ship as soon as we can."

What's up with that?

Chuck's pricing policy is very simple. Take what the other guys are charging for a book, double it, then shift the decimal point one place to the right.

Likewise for the grading. If the covers not torn off, it's NM.

+1

perhaps he gets confused between FN and NM and switches the pricing around.

Has anyone who has been screwed after ordering from them tried to call? I know they have more than one location. I'm trying to figure out which one he'd most likely be at.

I have had multiple issues. Email them, wait a week, if you don't hear back email again with a more aggressive tone asking why your first email hasn't been answered yet. Don't be vulgar, that's not a way to get something corrected.

Mile High does ship slow, but they are the only online company that I can consistently buy 5 copies of a book from. Obviously if I'm buying 5, I would like to sell a few, so it just means I have to be on top of my game and do some forecasting since shipping takes a little while.

And if you buy 5, you'll get maybe 2-3, they'll cancel the other 2 or 3, claim they're out, wait 3 days & mysteriously have them back in-stock with a price hike of 100-5000%. And even though your order hasn't shipped yet, you still only get those 2 copies, you'll get refunded for the other 2-3 & you won't get much of an answer on why you can't still have the other 2-3 at your purchase price since they're obviously back in stock.

And if you buy 5, you'll get maybe 2-3, they'll cancel the other 2 or 3, claim they're out, wait 3 days & mysteriously have them back in-stock with a price hike of 100-5000%. And even though your order hasn't shipped yet, you still only get those 2 copies, you'll get refunded for the other 2-3 & you won't get much of an answer on why you can't still have the other 2-3 at your purchase price since they're obviously back in stock.

I have had that happen before and I just asked for a full refund for the entire order. I think once I sent it back the other time they said just keep what I got and gave me a full refund.

I don't quite get why anyone does business with Mile High online. All I hear time and time again indicates that they have extremely shady business practices and rarely is anyone's experience with them a positive. Just seems too much of a hassle to get something, barring their exclusives, that you could get from almost anyone cheaper and with far less complications (and probably more accurately graded too).

Sometimes it's just about finding that little batch of obscure books that you just can't seem to find anywhere else. I've ordered from them maybe 3 times in the past 10 years? And only when it was a bunch of books that I just couldn't find anywhere else to fill some holes. Stuff that I'd be satisfied with dollar bin finds on if I could just find them.

But keys? High grade stuff? Anything more than $1-$2? Nope. Not even going to bother.

But $40 worth of dollar books that I need to fill holes that I haven't found in a year of dollar-bin scrounging? Sure.

I have placed 2 orders with them.

The first: all books were shipped and qty was good.

The second: 5 copies (shown as in stock) was changed to 1 copy, and condition was questionable.

Both times very slow to receive as well.

I would only order from them if you absolute cannot find a book somewhere else. Chances are it's cheaper elsewhere too.

From what one could assume, Chuck does every order, one at a time, personally. I don't understand how else the processing could be so slow.

No, wait for some other place to get the book(s)..

No more ordering from Mile High for me anyway.

Last month i ordered my first ever comic from there website (I had from there Ebay account before and on Ebay all great) and took 2 weeks to even say shipped. My card was charged then the charge disapeared then back a day after it shipped. Guess it is what it is. I used it knowing so cant blame anyone but got the comic at the end of the day... err week... err month

About five years ago, MHC listed an auction on eBay as "HULK 181" with a BIN of $172.41 (give or take a few bucks, can't recall the exact amount).

No picture, no grade, no other details.

I took a chance and bought it, ended up with an actual INCREDIBLE HULK 181 in a 7.0 grade.

Nice deal!

So they do offer deals from time to time, even if it seems like an obvious error.