• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alias 1 issue 1. Rough value??

62 posts in this topic

Good call putting it up for auction! I'm sure your top offer here wasn't even a third of that and now you've set some kind of a benchmark for the rest of your pages (even though you sold the best first).

Good call putting it up for auction! I'm sure your top offer here wasn't even a third of that and now you've set some kind of a benchmark for the rest of your pages (even though you sold the best first).

I was thinking that if the page were offered here with an asking price of $500 or more it would have met with strong resistance and crickets. So, putting it on eBay for $0.99 with no reserve worked out well for the seller :golfclap:

Sometimes you just don't know where a page price will go (shrug)

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Well a fellow member on here held my hand through it really lol. Told me to auction it etc etc. Like you say it worked out really well.

Always a bit nerve wracking putting at 0.99 with no reserve but no complaints here. I may put up a page I have on here and see what happens.

Nice that Gaydos is getting some love. My wife and I loved Alias so much. His art with Bendis's dialogue (and yes, repeating panels) really brought a new level of cinematic realism into the industry in those heady days of the early 2000s.

Below is our humble group of pages we got from Gaydos at a small con in a hallway at Madison Square Garden. He was the nicest...

The first page of issue 1 was a shot of the door. Here's the first character page:

th_IMG_4809.jpg

th_IMG_4810.jpg

th_IMG_4811.jpg

th_IMG_4812.jpg

Nice spread with preggers JJ visiting the FF family-

th_IMG_4813.jpg

These two are from Gaydos's Powerless series-

th_IMG_4816.jpg

th_IMG_4817.jpg

Congrats on the auction, btw!

I just checked on a nice page that was for sale over at CAF for a long while and somebody finally snatched it up. So hopefully Cadence sells out of Alias and The Pulse pages and Gaydos gets a bump.

Don't underestimate the power of Netflix!

Congratulations on the auction! I thought it was going to end at $450 myself.

So, it's my understanding that Gaydos used a lot of stats on those Alias pages. As a relative newbie to OA collecting, I thought the conventional wisdom was "Stats bad!" It's why I thought Alias pages were so affordable. So I pose this question to the board out of curiosity: Are "Stats acceptable!" now?

And as an aside, I've always liked Gaydos's noir style and I thought his use of stats were effective, or as someone earlier called it, "cinematic," that was a key ingredient to the mood of the book. I hope Gaydos gets a bump, too.

I am completely new to art like I have mentioned but, I would guess that like most things in life some will hate them, some won't mind them and others would be indifferent towards them

I would of thought if the same piece could have them or not have them, most people would choose the option to leave them out

Others opinion's would be interesting on this like you say