• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mycomicshop.com question

86 posts in this topic

I just recently started buying from them, have only bought 2 books, been satisfied with condition on the books, as described or better.

My question is, if i feel like a book is over graded, and i want to return it for a full refund, do they accept returns? I ask because I've seen books that look NM but they'll be graded at 6.0 or 7.0, no details of why the book is graded as such can be found with the listing. Maybe inserts are missing, example; marvel value stamp or coupons etc...

Anyone got any refund/return stories?

So you want to buy a book from them that you think is NM, but they say is 6.0 and when you get it and it is a 6.0 you want to return it to them?

(shrug)

I originally read it the other way, more like: "listed as NM but when in hand looks more like a 6.0 and, as such, MCS over-graded in the original listing".

But then on re-reading it seems more a query about availability of grading notes or a means to understanding why mid-grade books that present so well are actually getting a mid-grade... (In which case, I'd say get the serial number from the photo and buy the grading notes from the CGC verification page)

But then I don't understand the returns part of the query because that seems more like it would apply to a raw not a slab. Sooo.... Sorry Awax, I'm out!

FTR, I've always been happy with everything I've received from MCS.

I saw a book, front cover only, looks NM to me but they graded it at 6.0 I'm curious why they graded it at 6.0 no back cover scan is provided for this book, and no mention if the marvel value stamp is missing or not. I cannot find notes or description of why this book is graded lower than what it looks like, raw book to so I don't think cgc has notes for this one available.

If i buy the book I would be satisfy as is, since the from over scan is great, just worried the marvel value stamp may be missing when there is no mention of it being removed or not.

I saw a book, front cover only, looks NM to me but they graded it at 6.0 I'm curious why they graded it at 6.0 no back cover scan is provided for this book, and no mention if the marvel value stamp is missing or not. I cannot find notes or description of why this book is graded lower than what it looks like, raw book to so I don't think cgc has notes for this one available.

If i buy the book I would be satisfy as is, since the from over scan is great, just worried the marvel value stamp may be missing when there is no mention of it being removed or not.

Hey Santos,

The label should/could/would say if the book was incomplete (stamp missing etc)... but if you're really keen to know for sure before purchasing, I would recommend taking the serial number from next to the barcode in the label and entering this into the form here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx

That will allow you to purchase the grader's notes for the book. At which point you'll get some idea of why it was graded that way.

No MCS does not use stock photos on books over $10 (takes 10 seconds to test that, so strange someone would suggest such a disparaging comment) , and yes they tightly grade compare to the other big guy, milehigh.

This forum also is not affiliated to MCS. A customer of theirs would, you would think, read their policies on their site, or call them with questions, but why stop at 50 threads over the years on this site about them.

I just recently started buying from them, have only bought 2 books, been satisfied with condition on the books, as described or better.

My question is, if i feel like a book is over graded, and i want to return it for a full refund, do they accept returns? I ask because I've seen books that look NM but they'll be graded at 6.0 or 7.0, no details of why the book is graded as such can be found with the listing. Maybe inserts are missing, example; marvel value stamp or coupons etc...

Anyone got any refund/return stories?

From what I've heard MCS tries to undergrade, unless there is a mistake made.

This would be a perfect question to ask MCS, though. :idea:

No MCS does not use stock photos on books over $10 (takes 10 seconds to test that, so strange someone would suggest such a disparaging comment) , and yes they tightly grade compare to the other big guy, milehigh.

This forum also is not affiliated to MCS. A customer of theirs would, you would think, read their policies on their site, or call them with questions, but why stop at 50 threads over the years on this site about them.

So does Stevie Wonder.

MCS grades pretty tight, so a 6.0 would not be missing out value stamp or be in anyway incomplete. Most, but not all, of their 6.0s would be ebay 7.5s.

A very key book they listed at 4.0 came back at 6.0 from CGC without pressing or any other CPR.

Another also jumped from 2.0 to 4.0

MCS grades pretty tight, so a 6.0 would not be missing out value stamp or be in anyway incomplete. Most, but not all, of their 6.0s would be ebay 7.5s.

A very key book they listed at 4.0 came back at 6.0 from CGC without pressing or any other CPR.

Another also jumped from 2.0 to 4.0

That's one thing it took some getting used to with consigning. Super-harsh on your books, but bidders seem to understand the deal and bid accordingly. So overall it's a wash. But initially, yeah, it can be like: whaaaaat??

Just don't return something because they will block you from buying from them again. Such a ridiculous policy and why I would never buy from them.

Absolutely not true these days. Can't say wether it might have been that way in the past, but it isn't that way now.

We accept returns on raw books, but not for slabs. If the return is due to an error on our part, we cover the cost of return shipping too.

Good to see your policy slowly changing.

As you know, when there was an error on your part with my last order, I was required to pay shipping twice to get the correct book, and got hassled by Ms. Abbott. Is she still with the company?

PS. Este is fantastic. Top-notch professional, have nothing but good things to say about her.

Just don't return something because they will block you from buying from them again. Such a ridiculous policy and why I would never buy from them.

Absolutely not true these days. Can't say wether it might have been that way in the past, but it isn't that way now.

Just curious. How can you say that was absolutely not true?

Just curious. How can you say that was absolutely not true?

It may not be true and if that's correct...I am glad to hear it.

I read several times over the past few years MCS coming on here posting someone was banned because of a complaint or some return issue. It turned me off.

If i'm wrong, I stand corrected. hm

For mega-sellers it's probably a tough call. If they can weed out the 1% that's creating 80% of returns and conflicts, they'd almost have to. A reaction no different than Threads here where dozens of posts quickly appear "what's the user name so I can block them?"

That line between 'prudent business practice' and overkill has to be a perilous one. No quality outfit wants to toss hard won customers.