• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BOOSTER GOLD series (2025?)

52 posts in this topic

Whatever Happened To The Standalone Booster Gold Movie We All Forgot About?

credit-dc-comics.jpg

Although it's possible that Warner have quietly scrapped the movie, Stentz's Twitter bio describes himself as the screenwriter for Booster Gold, so one can deduce that the film is still in pre-production.

Producer and possible director Berlanti has also earned fans' devotion with his endearing, true-to-the-roots portrayal of characters like the Flash, Supergirl and even Superman — with many fans preferring his version to that of the DCEU's. The Arrowverse's sunny comicbook-y multiverse has assured fans that the tone of Booster Gold will likely be very light.

Whatever the plot is, it would certainly involve Gold's internal crisis, as in the comics he's always seen trying to be a better version of himself. There's also the possibility of another popular superhero ending up on the screen beside him: Blue Beetle.

#TedKord has often been teased on Arrow, and at one point there were even plans to introduce him to the show though it was revealed by the EPs that "DC has other plans for him." #BlueBeetle and Booster Gold have a very strong friendship in the comic books and their hysterical adventures could work great onscreen, if DC takes the movie in the direction of the buddy-cop genre. Gold's humor is surprisingly witty, and with his dramatic, self-centered persona, the character could easily become DC's funniest hero on screen.

I'm leaning towards this movie has been put on hold, if not scrapped completely with this news.

'Arrow' Showrunner Says Both Booster Gold and Blue Beetle Have Been Talked About

During the DCTV panel at ACE Comic Con in Long Island this weekend, a fan asked if Blue Beetle and Booster Gold had ever been considered, especially since Kord Industries has been mentioned multiple times and it turns out, they have.

"I will say, both those characters [Booster Gold and Blue Beetle] are characters we've talked about," Guggenheim said. "Originally Ray Palmer, who was introduced on Arrow, he was supposed to be Ted Kord and we went another way. So, you know, Booster and Blue Beetle, all the 'B' characters really, we're always talking about but nothing I can announce or speak to at the moment."

While the idea that fans almost got Ted Kord before it ended up being Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) who came in and took over Queen Consolidated isn't exactly news to fans, Guggenheim seemed hint that the idea of Kord/Blue Beetle and Booster Gold joining the Arrowverse may be coming closer to becoming reality. What Arrowverse show the heroes might appear on, though, remains fairly open. While Kord Industries has been mentioned several times on Arrow and The Flash, Booster Gold may have closer ties to Legends of Tomorrow. In comics, Rip Hunter's father was none other than Booster Gold and, given the time-hopping nature of the series, Booster making an appearance on the Waverider might not be totally unlikely.

Of course, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold aren't the only characters Guggenheim has considered bringing into the Arrowverse. Guggenheim said earlier in his panel that he would really like to see The Question appear on Arrow.

So they came close to making Brandon Routh the Blue Beetle. Interesting.

Now that would be even more interesting to see The Question finally show up.

'Booster Gold' Movie Still In Development According To Greg Berlanti

In 2016, news surfaced that a movie was being developed featuring Booster Gold, which Greg Berlanti recently confirmed is still in the works.

“It’s still in development with DC,” Berlanti shared with The Wrap. “I wrote a draft, they’re trying to figure out both the distance that we still have to travel and how we want to execute it.”

Despite Booster Gold's popularity with readers, the character's more quirky and lighthearted tone makes him difficult to work into the DC Extended Universe of films, which has been depicted as darker and more somber affairs. One of the stalls in the film's development is reportedly “how it’s going to fit into their greater landscape,” especially given the character's lack of recognition to casual movie-going audiences. Berlanti, who claims he has "a draft with a writer I liked very much," also knows that Warner Bros.' shifting schedule of superhero films has caused some unexpected interruptions.

"That’s really on them, they’re still kind of determining their order of business on that end," the filmmaker pointed out.

While it's unclear when the film could potentially move forward, Berlanti expressed his interest in sitting in the director's chair.

Edited by Bosco685

For this week’s episode of The Fanboy Podcast, I had the pleasure of interviewing the phenomenal Zack Stentz. The writer, whose credits include X-Men: First Class, Kenneth Branagh’s Thor, and some of the very best episodes of The CW’s The Flash, is my special guest for Episode 97 of the show that gave birth to Revenge of The Fans, and I covered as much ground with him as I could while he’s out promoting his latest film, Rim of The World. That included asking him about his Worlds of DC project, Booster Gold!

As you can see from his credits, Stentz has an extensive background in major franchises with lots of moving parts, and I was excited to see what he had to offer up about the Booster Gold movie he’s been attached to for the last three years- which is being spearheaded by the Arrowverse’s chief architect, Greg Berlanti.

We haven’t heard much about this Worlds of DC project in a while, so I asked him for an update. Here’s what he told me:

“I do not know what’s going on with it right now, honestly. And I don’t know if the DC people know what’s going on with it. Their strategy seems to change depending on how […] most recent movie did. But I can tell you that a -script has been turned in that the director and producer, Greg Berlanti, has proclaimed himself to be very happy with. And it’s something that’s ready to go, but DC and Warner Bros. would need to give the greenlight to it. The ball is in their court.”

For me Booster is really going to come down to the casting, like Iron Man. They've really got to nail the casting. Somewhere out there is one guy born for the role, and I hope they find him. 

I wonder if there'll be a Booster Gold/Captain Marvel crossover? That'd be easy to do, base the kernel of it around 52 where 

Spoiler

Mr Mind was masquerading as Skeets. 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, Cat said:

I wonder if there'll be a Booster Gold/Captain Marvel crossover? That'd be easy to do, base the kernel of it around 52 where 

Reveal hidden contents

Mr Mind was masquerading as Skeets. 

:whatthe:

I wouldn't be opposed to that scenario.

:wishluck: