• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That's why I don't disclose my birthday.

171 posts in this topic

To spare my fellow boardies of another HBD thread.

I was thinking that this is quite a good idea -- so I went to edit out my birthday from my profile and, with a moment of deja vu, realized that I had already done this a couple of years back for the same reason --

-- OT birthday wishes posted publicly to strangers from strangers because the info can be found easily on a calendar that already lists the birthdays should anyone be interested anyway. :sumo:

Good idea as there are currently 6 Bday threads on the first page

I guess it doesn't matter that the majority of people said no more birthday threads in the polls.

I wonder about the true motivations of the people creating these threads.

They say a true good deed is one where no one knows you did it.

Sometimes people do good things only if they know it will be seen by other people and they will get credit for it.

You want to truly wish them a happy birthday minus the need for recognition for having done so?

Send them a PM saying hey, I saw it was your birthday, and I wanted to wish you a happy one. seems much more sincere than just starting a thread for every name you see on the todays birthdays list.

I guess it doesn't matter that the majority of people said no more birthday threads in the polls.

Sometimes people do good things only if they know it will be seen by other people and they will get credit for it.

You want to truly wish them a happy birthday minus the need for recognition for having done so?

Send them a PM saying hey, I saw it was your birthday, and I wanted to wish you a happy one. seems much more sincere than just starting a thread for every name you see on the todays birthdays list.

I would say that it's doing good things without the expectations of getting something back.

Anonymous giving is also obviously terrific. Makes me think of the hilarious Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. "Anonymous" :cloud9:

OMG it's just a birthday wish, I don't want any recognition for it. Just trying to be nice and let the person having a birthday get a little attention. :preach: you bunch of old farts