• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That's why I don't disclose my birthday.

171 posts in this topic

Good idea as there are currently 6 Bday threads on the first page

I guess it doesn't matter that the majority of people said no more birthday threads in the polls.

I wonder about the true motivations of the people creating these threads.

They say a true good deed is one where no one knows you did it.

Sometimes people do good things only if they know it will be seen by other people and they will get credit for it.

You want to truly wish them a happy birthday minus the need for recognition for having done so?

Send them a PM saying hey, I saw it was your birthday, and I wanted to wish you a happy one. seems much more sincere than just starting a thread for every name you see on the todays birthdays list.

OMG it's just a birthday wish, I don't want any recognition for it. Just trying to be nice and let the person having a birthday get a little attention. :preach: you bunch of old farts

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

I guess it doesn't matter that the majority of people said no more birthday threads in the polls.

Sometimes people do good things only if they know it will be seen by other people and they will get credit for it.

You want to truly wish them a happy birthday minus the need for recognition for having done so?

Send them a PM saying hey, I saw it was your birthday, and I wanted to wish you a happy one. seems much more sincere than just starting a thread for every name you see on the todays birthdays list.

OMG it's just a birthday wish, I don't want any recognition for it. Just trying to be nice and let the person having a birthday get a little attention. :preach: you bunch of old farts

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

Or.... We could create a birthday thread for Mr. 9.8 and keep it going all year round in the hopes of hitting the correct day like in the game battleship.

Or.... We could create a birthday thread for Mr. 9.8 and keep it going all year round in the hopes of hitting the correct day like in the game battleship.

January 10th?

Miss lol

Total miss. I... have... failed.

Just trying to be nice and let the person having a birthday get a little attention.

It's always nice to please 40 percent of the population and pizz off the other 60 percent.

GOOD PLAN! :banana:

Just trying to be nice and let the person having a birthday get a little attention.

It's always nice to please 40 percent of the population and pizz off the other 60 percent.

GOOD PLAN! :banana:

(thumbs u

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

See, exactly what I'm talking about

There's always going to be people who tell you what a great guy you are for doing it, etc.....

So Is it a sincere desire to wish them a happy birthday?

Or a desire for attention and approval from your fellow board members?

If it's a sincere desire to wish them a happy birthday, then take the time to send a PM, seems much more personal and sincere.

Something tells me it's about wanting to fit in, and being accepted and approved of by the community,(hence the public threads) more then it is a burning personal need to wish everyone a happy birthday.(which could be done in a PM)

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

There's always going to be people who tell you what a great guy you are for doing it, etc.....

If it's a sincere desire to wish them a happy birthday, then take the time to send a PM, seems much more personal and sincere.

Something tells me it's about wanting to fit in, and being accepted and approved of by the community,(hence the public threads) more then it is a burning personal need to wish everyone a happy birthday.(which could be done in a PM)

Happy Birthday.... ;) (+1)

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

Using that logic, the people that constantly complain publicly about birthday threads, instead of ignoring them (like I do), must want everyone to know what an insufferable individual_without_enough_empathy they are. hm

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

Or maybe it's just a nice little jesture from one fellow board member to another.Something tells me that some of you over think just about everything. Kind of sad really. (shrug)

Big (thumbs u to you.

Ignore the comments.

Whiners gonna whine.

+1

Or maybe it's just a nice little jesture from one fellow board member to another.Something tells me that some of you over think just about everything. Kind of sad really. (shrug)

Aye, verily.