• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Exciting sale of a Timely or two and a Chesler....SCIFI GGA ADDED!!

29 posts in this topic

Blonde Phantom #14 VG/FN - $250

Torture/Bondage cover (male this time....) Really lovely book, much better in hand I think. Both staples attached, but bottom is partially pulled (from front). Nice, flat and glossy. One of my fav's...buy before I change my mind!

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20014%201_zpsij2wnyvj.jpg

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20014%202_zps1uxpyn06.jpg

Gee whiz these are swell books. If I wasn't so butt deep in payment plans I'd take it

Mystic Comics #2 GD+ - $350 SOLD!!

Really don't want to sell this one..... Fantastic Schomburg hypodermic-needle Nazi cover. Single staple war-era book, still attached, but by a 1/4" pull on rear cover. 3" tear first page. Also, it looks like, at one point, about 2.5" on the lower spine was glued to the interior. No longer glued but interior paper has evidence of the prior union in that area. Not visiable from outside, and the exterior is amazing as you can see below. Don't see this one everyday.....

Timely%20-%20Mystic%20Comics%20002%201_zpsijlzhvl6.jpg

Timely%20-%20Mystic%20Comics%20002%202_zps0pybarvs.jpg

Mystic Comics #2 GD+ - $350

Really don't want to sell this one..... Fantastic Schomburg hypodermic-needle Nazi cover. Single staple war-era book, still attached, but by a 1/4" pull on rear cover. 3" tear first page. Also, it looks like, at one point, about 2.5" on the lower spine was glued to the interior. No longer glued but interior paper has evidence of the prior union in that area. Not visiable from outside, and the exterior is amazing as you can see below. Don't see this one everyday.....

:takeit:

Exciting Comics #4 - FR/GD (Qualified) $175

This one is a bit rough compared to my other books in this thread, but complete(d). The 3 interior centerfolds are married from another copy and they are a bit brittle. Original interior is supple and very readable. Cover is detached with tear seals (tape). Still, a fantastic book from 1940. Included in the sale is the book* used to fill the missing centerfolds, gratis. Be an owner of a book you don't see everyday - TODAY!

Better%20-%20Exciting%20Comics%20004%201_zpsz6l1dx86.jpg

Better%20-%20Exciting%20Comics%20004%202_zpslaumo5hw.jpg

(*free book not pictured - but condition is complete minus the centerfolds, very brittle)

Nice snag Gino! One of my fave Timelys. You'd made up for lost time lately. You work for the U.S. Mint?

Nice snag Gino! One of my fave Timelys. You'd made up for lost time lately. You work for the U.S. Mint?

Pizzed that I missed this. Congrats to both parties. (thumbs u

Robot Men of the Lost Planet #1 - GD- $150

Classic (Kinstler I think) GGA Scifi cover. A must have for the collector of those genres. This book has a few issues. Cover still attached by top staple, but there is some rust on both. Leaf-side of the book's covers are thin and worn, and there are a few tiny holes around the edges of the cover and spine. Some tape reinforcement of the weakest areas. Very readable though, and looks fantastic in Mylar. Not an everyday kinda book and worth owning despite the flaws.

Avon%20-%20Robotmen%20of%20the%20Lost%20Planet%20001%201_zpsz9nttg9n.jpg

Avon%20-%20Robotmen%20of%20the%20Lost%20Planet%20001%202_zps2k0k953m.jpg

Strange Worlds #5 - GD+ $250

Another great classic GGA cover. Wally Wood cover & art. Staples are popped and it has a fair amount of tape (Looks nicely done, all interior), very nice with great eye appeal. Really don't want to sell this one. Take it before I change my mind.

Avon%20-%20Strange%20Worlds%20005%201_zpspirpxown.jpg

Avon%20-%20Strange%20Worlds%20005%202_zpsfuycjoop.jpg