• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon Fan Days Nov. 21-22, 2015 Orlando, FL

59 posts in this topic

I will be set up taking requests for CGC Signature Series submissions at Booth 518.

My condolences

That bad, huh? I guess the carnage isn't limited to OKC...

It's nothing like Megacon. No carpet on floors, no drapes on table, sub par lighting. And basically no customer buying anything. Not just vintage books. I've asked every dealer around me and no one is selling anything. Cosplayers and kids

For example, there is a well known dealer with solid inventory around the corner from me who has sold less than $200.00. No, that's not a typo

Yeah, it was aptly named "Fan Days". Lots of casual attendees, lots of cosplayers, not a lot of buying though. Dale's spread was pretty great..if you were looking for something, you were sure to find it there, and with so few comic dealers in the room, one would thought the handful that were present would've done better.

The show in Clermont on Sunday was considerably worse, especially from a selection perspective, if that makes you feel any better Dale. doh!

For example, there is a well known dealer with solid inventory around the corner from me who has sold less than $200.00. No, that's not a typo

Yeah, it was aptly named "Fan Days". Lots of casual attendees, lots of cosplayers, not a lot of buying though. Dale's spread was pretty great..if you were looking for something, you were sure to find it there, and with so few comic dealers in the room, one would thought the handful that were present would've done better.

The show in Clermont on Sunday was considerably worse, especially from a selection perspective, if that makes you feel any better Dale. doh!

I did a very light set up for Clearmont and did okay... Definitely better than I expected. Spoke to a lot of dealers and it seems very few were having a good show.

Other than myself there really was only one other dealer really set up with Comics. A bunch of people had one or two short boxes but it felt like an afterthought and not what they really wanted to sell.

The recent write ups on Cons has got me rethinking setting up at the Wizard World con in February. $1,100 is a ton of cash to waste if people seem to be getting comic con overload.

I love cons and I thought it was nice for a one day still show, wouldn't call it a con. Truly wish there was more comic book dealers. hubby spent most of his show money at Dales booth, other than that very few comic dealers. That is all I heard from other folks, they wish more comic dealers there. Those folks might not have had money to spend though. Seemed to me every comic book dealer was very busy but maybe no sales :sorry:

Certainly seems to be a case of Con overload....and if given the choice, buyers and smaller dealers would probably save their pennies and go with the more "sure" thing, the large 3-4 day established conventions where the chances for bigger sales/selection are better.

As it is, I think I'm going to limit my schedule to five major shows next year (MegaCon, Tampa, Heroes, Baltimore, and Chicago) and skip the smaller venues altogether. Just not enough smaller dealers/collectors setting up to justify the time and expense of attendance.

I've been to MegaCon every year since 1999. Someone from Canada should've called me before risking their newly acquired, million dollar brand like this.

Tut.

Tsk.