• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time payments question? should I handled it differently? UPDATE!!

119 posts in this topic

I would not have entered into the time payment option at all over that amount of $75.00 and instead would have told the buyer I would hold the book for a couple of weeks and he can pay me in full then. If he doesn`t pay as per the agreed time frame the book is open to any.

If the guy can`t come up with $75.00 to buy a comic in 2 weeks he has no business buying comics in the first place which is of course just an opinion.

well I'll see this one through and if he tries to back down I will block him and end the transaction.

I would not have entered into the time payment option at all over that amount of $75.00 and instead would have told the buyer I would hold the book for a couple of weeks and he can pay me in full then. If he doesn`t pay as per the agreed time frame the book is open to any.

If the guy can`t come up with $75.00 to buy a comic in 2 weeks he has no business buying comics in the first place which is of course just an opinion.

Agreed. No business buying comic books.

For $75, a time payment is not an option for me. $750-$1000 perhaps; $1001+ for sure I'd do it

for the time payment I'm getting a lot of different numbers so I'll take them and do a average :)

For $75, a time payment is not an option for me. $750-$1000 perhaps; $1001+ for sure I'd do it

for the time payment I'm getting a lot of different numbers so I'll take them and do a average :)

Why lose a sale and a potential good customer over $75?

The only right answer is that there is no one single right answer.

Half the 'experts' here have never bought or sold a thing here, yet they have all the answers.

Half the 'experts' here have never bought or sold a thing here, yet they have all the answers.

Agree that there is the possible potential the buyer may end up being a `good customer`. I have also seen many buyers not hold up their end of the bargain and all I have done is hold a book for 6 months that could have sold to another potential good customer.

There is no right way as you said, but I still would avoid the time payments on 75 bucks.

Well if I were to say everyone here is a dealer I'd be wrong but it's nice to hear input from both sides of the table ;)

This thread's lessons:

• Don't ask questions in CG to which you already know the answer.
  • Don't ask buy/sell questions in CG.
  • Don't ask questions in CG.

Appreciate that but if I knew the answer to this question then this thread wouldn't be here ;)

Agree that there is the possible potential the buyer may end up being a `good customer`. I have also seen many buyers not hold up their end of the bargain and all I have done is hold a book for 6 months that could have sold to another potential good customer.

There is no right way as you said, but I still would avoid the time payments on 75 bucks.

In any case should he try something I still have the 20% non-refundable payment and I'll block him and never deal with him again.