• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever submit grease pen (china marker) price marked comic?

8 posts in this topic

My ASM 1 has an "R" at the top, near the mast head of the book in grease pencil or china marker. (Thursday??) There is also a small piece of tape at the bottom.

Structurally, the book looks more like @4.5. Clean back cover, not a many creases of any length to speak of. REALLY nice spine for grade. It's a 095 book, so it fell in the 091-097 serial codes which are pretty tough. 3.5 OW. I don't disagree with the grade at all. I'm just happy that it's such a nice 3.5.

Any fogginess or blurriness of the scan is due to the case that it came in. I immediately sent it in for a reholder. The old one was scratched up pretty badly.

0WWGdip.jpg

Really nice book!! Thanks for posting.

The R could be "reduced"? I would bet the "R" is the first initial of the original owner. Almost all of my father's comics from the 1940s have his first initial on them, or the initials or names of his classmates that he traded with. It was mandatory at the time to label any property brought into school. The collector part me cringes each time I look at them from a value perspective. The other part of me appreciates the history and innocence of kids swapping these books without regard to future monetary value.

R does not attract at all from appearance IMO

It doesn't bother me either. I was sold by the relatively clean spine, back cover, and the fact that most if not all of the color breaking creases are from corner blunting. No large crease in the middle of the cover.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the R wasn't there, but it's how she goes.