• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocDave Frazetta Auction

222 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see how much the market can hold dumping all this at once vs. parsing it out over time. Might be a lot of dealers grabbing pieces for later resale when collectors wallets recover? Unless I am underestimating the numbers of Frazetta's wealthy international fanbase.

Looks to be a tremendous sale!!

Auction

Catalog looks top quality too:

Catalog

Many thanks for posting this, and I'd like to echo other posters' sentiments about the stories contained within the catalogue.

In the introduction, Doc Dave devotes a fair amount of space to his time in Toronto and the sale of his comic collection to Ron Van Leeuwen, who owned the Silver Snail comic store for around 35 years until its recent sale.

I spent quite a bit of time speaking with Ron about the early days of his store operations, the comings and goings of local and international celebrities, and I distinctly recall his story of having 24 copies of Conan #1 on his wall display when he first opened his store. I had no idea he purchased them from Doc Dave, but its nice to link the stories together. :applause:

I think I'll give Ron a call and let him know about the write up in the catalogue.

Frost Giants... :cloud9:

Death Dealer... :cloud9:

Pick your Frazetta era and they have his two best oils from each.

The only other piece from the Museum I would've run off with was Cat Girl.

Where do you see those? They don't seem to be in the catalog you can see online.

I believe he was referring to Metro.

Ah. Thanks.

I'm excited to see what else will be available too. If Doc is selling most of his collection I would think that this preview, as great as the pieces are, is just the tip of the iceberg.

I was under the impression that the Snails in Toronto and Ottawa were both closed not sold.

I can't speak to the Ottawa store closing, but the Toronto location will be having a birthday bash Oct 3rd:

http://www.silversnail.com/main/

T'would appear that it's just the Ottawa store that's closed.