• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about one Happy (Event) thread per poster per day?

371 posts in this topic

Slym it makes me sad. Sorry you guys felt there was any hidden agenda to them, really I just wanted to make someone's day a little brighter. Now that you have sh-t all over that, they seem to be pointless anyway. Good for you.

This reminds me of one job I had-I told my women co workers I did not want my birthday celebrated at work-my one friend took me out to lunch and the other women LOST IT. There was tears, screaming-the whole gamut.

This was the job I had where my first day our dept had to start counseling-one woman made fun of another woman's lunch and it escalated into a huge seething war. COUNSELING!!! I couldn't believe it.

Hey ladies I'm just here to work?

If you like posting happy birthday or anniversary to a bunch of people, ok. But what about posting one thread like:

Happy Bday! - X, Y, Z!

It's like selling comics on the marketplace... you don't put one per thread, you group them a bit.

Thoughts?

I agree with this.

A couple people have been posting large amounts of these (happy event) types of threads just to cause trouble/seek attention. They're getting out of control.

I agree with that as well. It isn't making anything better, even drawing attention to the "problem" as it were.

But, like anything else I don't want to read, I just skip them and move along.

:)

-slym

I agree with this as well.

Except on my birthday, then I want my own thread. :grin:

This reminds me of one job I had-I told my women co workers I did not want my birthday celebrated at work-my one friend took me out to lunch and the other women LOST IT. There was tears, screaming-the whole gamut.

This was the job I had where my first day our dept had to start counseling-one woman made fun of another woman's lunch and it escalated into a huge seething war. COUNSELING!!! I couldn't believe it.

Hey ladies I'm just here to work?

Was there tears?

lol

She was eating and one lady said wow that's a lot of ketchup! Then the other lady laughed then she kept saying wow thats a lot of KETCHUP! Finally the lady screamed WILL YOU SHUT THE F--- UP AND LET ME EAT??!!!!

The war had begun....

Well, I was 14 years old. I was in my friends bathroom. His mother's brassieres were hanging on the shower rod. I picked it up, studied it. I thought, I like this. I didn't know what way or what level, but I knew: I wanted to be around brassieres.

If Oakland doesn't win boardie of the year I'm doubling my post rate.

If he wins, I'll knock off one post per day.

How about ONLY to boardies with an active post count.

I've always championed this idea...but why not take it a step further.

I'm sure Arch can whip up a -script (he's too old to go rock climbing by now, so has too much time on his hands anyway) where anyone who hasn't logged in for (2 ? 3 years) gets a mail telling them they have 30 days to log in or their account will get deleted.

Sure there are members that take a few years off and then come back, but I'm sure there are hundreds, if not more "ghost-ID's" that were created and then abandoned.

How about ONLY to boardies with an active post count.

I've always championed this idea...but why not take it a step further.

I'm sure Arch can whip up a -script (he's too old to go rock climbing by now, so has too much time on his hands anyway) where anyone who hasn't logged in for (2 ? 3 years) gets a mail telling them they have 30 days to log in or their account will get deleted.

Sure there are members that take a few years off and then come back, but I'm sure there are hundreds, if not more "ghost-ID's" that were created and then abandoned.

Absolutely.

There have been B-day threads where the B-day boy/girl doesn't even show up to say "thanks", probably because he/she hasn't posted in the last X years.