• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At last. Mission accomplished

30 posts in this topic

As some of the old timers :preach: may remember from a long while back, my former girlfriend and I had tried for years to find a GIJoe 21 9.8. It was even in our very first post... and additionally being schooled in that thread by Dan, (Bronty) for claiming #21 to be the equivalent of Hulk 181 for the copper age. And also being allergic to apostrophes and commas.

We submitted and got all 9.6's for about a dozen copies, and throughout that time watched JC sulk on our computer screen, dealt with being trolled by Major Khaos for being a hermaphrodite, seeing Bugaboo taunt Arch for years, and also laughing out loud as Hammer/Meth threatened lives, waiting... and putting up a huge bounty for a book that hadn't even been graded yet.

91E92C93-609F-48AB-8EC7-D47729D82FA2.jpg

Well, after 6 years, CGC had finally graded a 9.8. By then, we had broken up, (losing my first account) :P and I had stopped collecting, altogether. So, nearly a decade has gone by since I stopped looking for a copy, (through marriage, kids, drifting in and out of collecting etc.) and I never did get that 9.8. Even with them being reasonably priced.

I figured it was time to finally get one now, when I decided in typical fashion, to go big or go home. So, after all these years of waiting, and with the help of Anthony (Amnesiac) I figured that if I'm going to own a copy, I might as well own the single best known copy on the planet. So, I proudly present...

9D112FB5-98F4-4476-9FBB-D03CFCD4DD75.jpg

Mission accomplished. Even though I still don't own a 9.8.

Great story - always nice to land a booked you've coveted for years (even if it's not quite the grade you wanted!)

And G.I. Joe #21 is certainly an all-time classic from its era. Kids these days don't remember that G.I. Joe ruled the sales charts for awhile and the first, heck, 50 issues really had some great stories.

As some of the old timers :preach: may remember from a long while back, my former girlfriend and I had tried for years to find a GIJoe 21 9.8. It was even in our very first post... and additionally being schooled in that thread by Dan, (Bronty) for claiming #21 to be the equivalent of Hulk 181 for the copper age. And also being allergic to apostrophes and commas.

We submitted and got all 9.6's for about a dozen copies, and throughout that time watched JC sulk on our computer screen, dealt with being trolled by Major Khaos for being a hermaphrodite, seeing Bugaboo taunt Arch for years, and also laughing out loud as Hammer/Meth threatened lives, waiting... and putting up a huge bounty for a book that hadn't even been graded yet.

91E92C93-609F-48AB-8EC7-D47729D82FA2.jpg

Well, after 6 years, CGC had finally graded a 9.8. By then, we had broken up, (losing my first account) :P and I had stopped collecting, altogether. So, nearly a decade has gone by since I stopped looking for a copy, (through marriage, kids, drifting in and out of collecting etc.) and I never did get that 9.8. Even with them being reasonably priced.

I figured it was time to finally get one now, when I decided in typical fashion, to go big or go home. So, after all these years of waiting, and with the help of Anthony (Amnesiac) I figured that if I'm going to own a copy, I might as well own the single best known copy on the planet. So, I proudly present...

9D112FB5-98F4-4476-9FBB-D03CFCD4DD75.jpg

Great story & a helluva copy!!

Congratulations on a Mission well done!!!

Great story - always nice to land a booked you've coveted for years (even if it's not quite the grade you wanted!)

And G.I. Joe #21 is certainly an all-time classic from its era. Kids these days don't remember that G.I. Joe ruled the sales charts for awhile and the first, heck, 50 issues really had some great stories.

Exactly. For a few years, it was the hottest book in the land, next to the X-men. And the early stories were fantastic. But in assuming for most people, 21 always stood out.

:applause:

I knew something was up when you started that G.I. Joe #21...Silent But Deadly thread the other day.

lol

And you'd never believe me if I told you it was pure coincidence.