• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Brunner Art Day: Marvel Premiere 11 p2 plus lots more!

5 posts in this topic

A Frank Brunner time capsule!

Back in 1975 Frank Brunner was selling off some of his original art as packages. According to the seller Frank sold 10 of these “packages”. This package #10 was bought in January of 1976. It included not only an original art page, but a layout of another page, a collection of Xeroxes of pencils, a hand-colored copy of a cover, a sketch, and signed copies of Doctor Strange 1-5.

A Brunner feast of art and an amazing purchase for this Doctor Strange fan. I am very excited to share the contents of this package:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=3023 http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=3023

I thought I had heard of these "packages" before but couldn't find another reference to them. Partially it is a nice way to share your art and partially I think Frank cleaned out his filing cabinets (don't need old xeroxes of pencils).

ORIGINAL ART

Marvel Premiere #11 page 2.

Doctor Strange #2 page 6 original layout.

5 Xeroxes of his pencils

Marvel Premiere #10 p. 2

Doctor Strange #2 p. 26

Doctor Strange #4 p. 2

Doctor Strange #4 p. 17 Ds4p17pencils

(I also own the prelim drawing for this page )

Doctor Strange #5 p. 6

OTHER STUFF

A hand-colored copy of the cover to Doctor Strange #6

A sketch of Clea done in 1975

I knew of these packages! Frank advertised in the CBG in 1975 -- it's very possible I sent that ad to Lee, so maybe he'll be putting it up eventually. (It's also possible I didn't send him the ad, in which case I hang my head.)

The work you put up is just fantastic. I loved seeing it.