• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Whomever won Jerry Robinson's Captain America 3 on comiclink

17 posts in this topic

I used to own the book and today I found the LOA that I got for the book from the Mannarinos when they sold it to me. It has a scan of the book on one side and the COA signed on the reverse.

BTW the Robinson book was not ID'd in the sale because the person who bought it from me didn't sell it as such. But it was a .5 copy with lots of practice brush strokes on the cover.

PM if you have the book and would like the LOA

I pretty sure at least some of that book has been pieced out. The centerfold that had been in it at one point (which was heavily trimmed) I know was sold in a separate listing at some point (either clink or metro, but I'm pretty sure it was clink... I was bidding on it because I need a centerfold to that book, but didn't win.)

And only part of the book had brush strokes.. There was a printing issue wiith the book and some of the so called strokes were under the letters of the title..

Kenny and Matt Nelson looked at it and they couldn't figure out how the strokes got underneath the actual print of the cover..so they assumed it was a printing error

I bought the book off ebay about 1.5 years back.. He promised something to prove it was Jerrys book but never provided it...

Then I sold the centre fold and book seperate from each other..

I guess a little to late!

I don't know whom you bought it from but I offered to provide the LOA to the person I sold it to and he didn't seem interested and never asked for it. Same buyer had earlier declined scans of "before" pictures on a key restored book, so I just chalked it up to his style.

I bought the book off ebay about 1.5 years back.. He promised something to prove it was Jerrys book but never provided it...

I don't know whom you bought it from but I offered to provide the LOA to the person I sold it to and he didn't seem interested and never asked for it. Same buyer had earlier declined scans of "before" pictures on a key restored book, so I just chalked it up to his style.

Strange on that guys part.. He refunded me lots of money cause he didn't have the LOA..

Maybe he was just the middle man...

Oh well.. I saw the book after it left my hands at the calgary comic con..

I guess after no one bought it .. It went back for auction..

It was a good book.. Wish You had found the certificate earlier :)

Ricky

Strange on that guys part.. He refunded me lots of money cause he didn't have the LOA..

Maybe he was just the middle man...

Oh well.. I saw the book after it left my hands at the calgary comic con..

I guess after no one bought it .. It went back for auction..

It was a good book.. Wish You had found the certificate earlier :)

Ricky

It was never really "lost." It just would've taken some time to get it. And the buyer didn't seem at all interested. He later complained to me that the book had "problems" and implied he had overpaid (he paid much less than what it went for at auction without the cf), and I offered to take it back. But he must've already sold it or knew he could sell it for more than he paid, because he didn't take me up on it. Don't know why he wouldn't remember that I had the LOA. So perhaps you bought it from the person he sold it to and there was a lack of communication somewhere along the way

I've seen this book numerous times but never did I hear the Jerry Robinson connection.

I hope I read that right and this inked edge Cap 3 was Jerry's.

It is Jerry's copy. Whether those are his inks or not is another question.

Would it be worth more, or less if the inks are someone else's? Kane or Molooff perhaps?

Hey maybe Picasso stopped by and used it to clean his brush?