• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman 16 CGC 9.8 on Comiclink

36 posts in this topic

A very impressive book, but $9,900 is way too much. The seller might be thinking the same thing to as the original listing a few days ago was for $12,500 and since then the price has steadily gone downward in increments. IMHO I think the FMV on this book is more in the range of $5,000-6,000

A very impressive book, but $9,900 is way too much. The seller might be thinking the same thing to as the original listing a few days ago was for $12,500 and since then the price has steadily gone downward in increments. IMHO I think the FMV on this book is more in the range of $5,000-6,000

Come on, what are you guys saying here!

This is an 50 year old book that's still in 9.8 condition. This is not a common 5 week old or 5 months old book which investors are snapping up at 50X guide like there's no tomorrow.

Let's see how the CGC investor's equation works:

CGC 9.2 = $ 1,350 OS guide

CGC 9.4 = $ 2,700

CGC 9.6 = $ 5,400

CGC 9.8 = $10,800

Will you look at that! This book is going for lower than the prevailing market rate for a CGC 9.8.

Oh, I forgot that GA books belongs in the domain of collectors, and not CGC investors or flippers. The $10K range belongs to the home of high grade late SA or BA keys. foreheadslap.gif

sorry.gif Slinking back to the bargain basement GA corner of the room. sorry.gif

Very impressive book but how much demand do WW books have? $9,000 would give you a lot of options for other GA books that I would rather have first. Does anyone here collect WW? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not a lot of demand. Even the pedigree copies don't command the type of multiples that other superheros books will achieve. Frankly I have the cover art kinda dopey and often cartoonish. But it is still nice to own high grade copies of 60+ year old books.

I have the following copies if anyone is interested in scans:

Wonder Woman 20 CGC 9.4

Sensation 7 CGC 8.5 (Crowley pedigree)

Sensation 40 CGC 9.4 ("D" pedigree)

Sensation 41 CGC 8.5 (Diamond pedigree)

Sensation 45 CGC 9.6 (Reilly pedigree, yes, a real one!)

Sensation 56 CGC 9.2 (Diamond pedigree)

CGC 9.4 = $ 2,700

CGC 9.6 = $ 5,400

CGC 9.8 = $10,800

What is the basis and formula for this equation?

One bump in grade simply equals a doubling in price. I believe X-Men #1 exhibited this behavior over the summer, with one bump grades raising the price from $50k to $100k.

In the end, though, Lou was being tongue in cheek. laugh.gif

Come on, what are you guys saying here!

This is an 50 year old book that's still in 9.8 condition. This is not a common 5 week old or 5 months old book which investors are snapping up at 50X guide like there's no tomorrow.

CGC 9.4 = $ 2,700

CGC 9.6 = $ 5,400

CGC 9.8 = $10,800

Will you look at that! This book is going for lower than the prevailing market rate for a CGC 9.8.

Oh, I forgot that GA books belongs in the domain of collectors, and not CGC investors or flippers. The $10K range belongs to the home of high grade late SA or BA keys. foreheadslap.gif

sorry.gif Slinking back to the bargain basement GA corner of the room. sorry.gif

Yes, the inverted logic of the marketplace dictates that the more common a book is in high grade the higher the multiples for top graded copies. Kind of reminds me of the late 90s stock market- the higher the P/E ratio the hotter the stock. I'm sure this won't turn out the same way - the value of high grade comics only goes up - right? RIGHT?.

CGC 9.4 = $ 2,700

CGC 9.6 = $ 5,400

CGC 9.8 = $10,800

http://www.oldmencrying.com/home.htm

"Very impressive book but how much demand do WW books have?"

Despite what mr. esquire may think, whilst there may not be tons of demand at 400-800% of guide, old wonderwomans sell great usually up to and a bit above guide and there are a lot of people collecting them. granted, the people chasing them the hardest probably don't care that much about slabs or getting a mint copy. or a HG copy at all.

I've tried to get trustworthy VG and Fine raw and slabbed copies of 40s/50s WWs and have bid 50-75% of guide and usually wind up wayyyyy short in the bidding. Usually going for guide. Slabbed copies more.

Very impressive book but how much demand do WW books have? $9,000 would give you a lot of options for other GA books that I would rather have first. Does anyone here collect WW? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not a lot of demand. Even the pedigree copies don't command the type of multiples that other superheros books will achieve. Frankly I have the cover art kinda dopey and often cartoonish. But it is still nice to own high grade copies of 60+ year old books.

I have the following copies if anyone is interested in scans:

Wonder Woman 20 CGC 9.4

Sensation 7 CGC 8.5 (Crowley pedigree)

Sensation 40 CGC 9.4 ("D" pedigree)

Sensation 41 CGC 8.5 (Diamond pedigree)

Sensation 45 CGC 9.6 (Reilly pedigree, yes, a real one!)

Sensation 56 CGC 9.2 (Diamond pedigree)

I am always interested in posts of Wonder Woman!

popcorn.gif

while we're at it, just how many pre-1945 DCs even exist in 9.8?

"Valientman....paging Mr. Valientman..."

Perhaps it would help get his attention if you spelled his name correctly? makepoint.gif

6 or 7k sound about right to me. Not that I'm buying. wink.gif