• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All things Valiant.

133 posts in this topic

Wicked!

I need to find a full list of all the VH1 issues to see how many I'd need. The only positive is that a ton of the missing issues in mine would fit into that middle-run drek as I'm covered for early and later issues on most books.

The V.V.S.S., Golds, Platinums, etc - I've got some, but need the tough ones (like Eternal Warrior #27)

My original A&A 0 Gold I received directly from Valiant.

6wJVlbNl.jpg

:(

Bosco,

That is incredible that you have your original gold book and it was graded a 9.8. Congrats!

Thanks Graham. But it was also pure luck, as I received a few gold books later on that those stiff mailers did not protect so cleanly as this first beauty.

Hence, the :( post.

Did a lot of Rai 0s have some sort of crease/indent on the cover? I only ask because I have two copies that have the identical thing going on.

thanks

Back cover misprint? There is this white mark on the back that makes it look like something was dragged across the cover and took off ink.

Why is this in the copper section? And why did I discover this thread just now? :D

For those members who are also active VF.com members, you have seen this already. I recently got this on eBay from a vintage apparel seller and am trying to get more info about it. It seems to be the only one that has surfaced so far. I sent an email to KC Caps and have not received a response (not surprisingly).

Acclaim Shadowman baseball cap with adjustable buckle and snap closure. Embroidered with Shadow Man on front and Acclaim on back. The tag says HeadShots by KC Caps. Made in Bangladesh. RN#89449 (H&C Headwear Inc. based in Carson, CA). It looks great and it is in like-new condition. Does anyone have any info on this? May be it's a prototype or promo item? :?

Acclaim%20Shadowman%20baseball%20cap%20pic%201_zpsnny8vz4n.jpg

Acclaim%20Shadowman%20baseball%20cap%20pic%202_zpsilhv91lt.jpg

Acclaim%20Shadowman%20baseball%20cap%20pic%203_zpseflppc6a.jpg

Why is this in the copper section? And why did I discover this thread just now? :D

Probably because when Valiant kicked off production with even its pre-hero line, it was at the tail-end of the Copper Age.

Probably because when Valiant kicked off production with even its pre-hero line, it was at the tail-end of the Copper Age.

And because over here, we have two turntables and a microphone.

In that case, here are some pre-Hero items:

The Best of the Nintendo Comics System hardcovers (Valiant spine and Mallard Press spine variants)

TheBestoftheNintendoComicsSystemHCs.jpg

The Best of the Super Mario Bros hardcovers (Valiant spine and Mallard Press spine variants)

TheBestoftheSuperMarioBrosHCs2bothv.jpg

The Best of the Super Mario Bros (Valiant spine variant). Signed by Jade Moede.

TheBestoftheSuperMarioBrosHCValiant.jpg

TheBestoftheSuperMarioBrossignedbyJ.jpg

Nintendo Comic System TPB 1 (regular and No Price variant)

NintendoComicSystemTPB1regularandno.jpg

Nintendo Comic System TPB 2 (regular and variant cover)

NintendoComicSystemTPB2regularandva.jpg

Game Boy Target Value Pack front

GameBoy1Targetvaluepack.jpg

Game Boy Target Value Pack back

GameBoy3Targetvaluepack.jpg

WWF Battlemania #1-5 set

Pre-HeroWWFBattlemanis1-5set.jpg

Posted before but...

Despite my active & passive Valiant collecting (and occasional hoarding) over the last 20+ years, I remain 14 books short of a full VH1 set.

One of those books I was never able to get was Chaos Effect Alpha (Red).

I can, however, console myself with this:

ChaosEffectAlpha.jpg

Even hard to find the signed version with original retailer letter.

Chaos Effect Red Alpha signed by Bernard Chan with Retailer Letter.

ChaosEffectAlphaRedretailerVVSS.jpg

Where It's At!

:applause:

Where It's At!

:applause:

That is a good drum break.

I can't believe you guys are referencing lyrics from "Where It's At" on a CGC message board and you didn't quote:

I got plastic on my mind

mic drop :acclaim:

Just clap your hands and just clap your hands.

I can't believe you guys are referencing lyrics from "Where It's At" on a CGC message board and you didn't quote:

I got plastic on my mind

mic drop :acclaim:

Just clap your hands and just clap your hands.

lol