• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Casper the Ghost #1

17 posts in this topic

What's up with this auction?? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif It only guides for $228 in VF 8.0, and it's already double that, with quite a bit of time left before the auction ends.

Friendly Ghost, Casper #1 on Ebay

8.0 is top census. 7.5 File Copy sold for $287.50 almost two years ago.

I am more confused by what's up with your subject line. confused.gif

What's up with this auction?? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif It only guides for $228 in VF 8.0, and it's already double that, with quite a bit of time left before the auction ends.

8.0 is top census. 7.5 File Copy sold for $287.50 almost two years ago.

I am more confused by what's up with your subject line. confused.gif

Casper, Richie Rich

gossip.gif They all look the same.....

Nothing really that new here. The Heritage auctions over the past couple of years have seen some rather huge multiples to guide for HG early Harveys, particularly on the #1 issues.

Nothing really that new here. The Heritage auctions over the past couple of years have seen some rather huge multiples to guide for HG early Harveys, particularly on the #1 issues.

Thanks everyone - I was high bidder for about 2 minutes and was just surprised to see such a high bid so early - it will be interesting to see what the final price is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

High grade Harvey's are a weird lot. Sometimes they go through the roof and sometimes they don't. This is probably a reflection of the smaller community. I paid quite a lot for some books in the June 2004 Heritage Auction. If I were to put them up on ebay with no reserve today, I would not be surprised to see some of them sell for less than half of what I paid.

Lesson - Be careful bidding on Harvey's in Heritage Signature Auctions. You're probably going to pay record prices. tonofbricks.gif

Pete

High grade Harvey's are a weird lot. Sometimes they go through the roof and sometimes they don't. This is probably a reflection of the smaller community. I paid quite a lot for some books in the June 2004 Heritage Auction. If I were to put them up on ebay with no reserve today, I would not be surprised to see some of them sell for less than half of what I paid.

Lesson - Be careful bidding on Harvey's in Heritage Signature Auctions. You're probably going to pay record prices. tonofbricks.gif

Pete

Perhaps you should resell your books on Heritage then? makepoint.gif

In retrospect, the $760 paid by Nicolina2424 was not a bad price for a book tied as the highest graded copy in the census. I sent my file copy in for grading and it only rated a 5.0 due to some chipping and spine scrapes. frown.gif Those black covers are tough to find in high grade.

Census

Incidentally, I really don’t see the 40s and 50s VF or higher Harvey #1s going for guide. I recently picked up this Sad Sack #1 from Nicolina2424 and had to pay 2X guide just for a CGC 8.0 copy.

SadSack1CGC8.jpg

In retrospect, the $760 paid by Nicolina2424 was not a bad price for a book tied as the highest graded copy in the census. I sent my file copy in for grading and it only rated a 5.0 due to some chipping and spine scrapes. frown.gif Those black covers are tough to find in high grade.

Census

Incidentally, I really don’t see the 40s and 50s VF or higher Harvey #1s going for guide. I recently picked up this Sad Sack #1 from Nicolina2424 and had to pay 2X guide just for a CGC 8.0 copy.

SadSack1CGC8.jpg

That first issue will always go for over guide as it is loved by millions.